By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Prestige Stamp Book

Reversed pages

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Brian Burge06/04/2013 23:57:32
2 forum posts

I have just received my Dr Who prestige stamp book and find that the latter part of the book has the pages upside down.

Is this deliberate so that it can be read from the back as well as from the front - or is this an error?

Brian Burge

Adrian07/04/2013 12:17:46
1828 forum posts
971 photos
4 articles

Hi Brian and welcome to our Forum. Hope you'll like it here!

As for your question; I hadn't even heard of it so I had to check. Apparently, all booklets are printed like that, so it's either deliberate or an error in all booklets, making it rather standard instead of an interesting error.

I've no idea, should it have been deliberate, why such a decision would have been made. I'm more inclined to believe that they were all made in one go and therefore all include the inverted pages. Recalling them and correcting the mistake will have been considered too expensive I would think. Or too cumbersome if the mistake was only noticed after the booklets were issued. The latter would not look good on quality control though!

Julia Lee08/04/2013 10:17:51
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

Hi all - it is deliberate. In the words of our New Issues man:

'intended to represent travel in time from present to past (front cover current Doctor)
or past to present (front cover first Doctor)'.

Or, more cynically, to appeal to 2+ different generations with different concepts of the Doctor...

Carmen10/04/2013 12:57:14
650 forum posts
61 photos

Now that's creative! smiley Well done, RM.

Brian Burge11/04/2013 23:50:36
2 forum posts

Adrian / Julia

Thanks for your prompt and informative reply - this forum worked well for this - I will use it again

Brian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Glasgow Stamp Shop
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers