How to reply to a thread:
1. Sign in.
2. There will be a box at the bottom of the thread which says 'Post a reply'.
3. Simply type what you want to say in the box, and click ‘Add Posting’.
4. If you want to use bold, italic, underline or bullets, they are above the box, like they are in Word.
5. You can edit your post for 30 minutes after you’ve posted, by hitting ‘Edit Post’ underneath your post.
How to create a new thread:
1. Sign in.
2. Go to ‘All Forum Topics’ (www.stampmagazine.co.uk/forums).
3. Click ‘create new thread’
4. Choose a ‘topic’ eg General Chat, Commonwealth Collecting and so on. If you’re not sure, just put it in General.
5. Type your title into ‘Thread Title’, eg ‘King George VI stamp question’.
6. The description is optional.
7. Write your post, then press ‘Create Thread’.
8. If you want to see the replies tick the ‘Send me notifications when someone replies to this thread’.
How to put a link in a post:
1. Let’s say you want ‘KGVI article’ to appear in the post, and link to www.kinggeorgeviarticle.com
2. Type your post, eg ‘Take a look at this great KGVI article’.
3. Highlight ‘KGVI article’.
4. Press the picture above the box which is a globe and a chain.
5. In the empty box that appears marked ‘URL’, paste the website address (in this instance www.kinggeorgeviarticle.com)
6. Press ok.
7. Press ‘Add Posting’ as normal.
8. ‘KGVI article’ will now appear in blue and underlined, and when you click on it, will take you to www.kinggeorgeviarticle.com
How to create an album and upload images:
1. At top left, in the My Account box, click on ‘My Photos’.
2. Press ‘Create a Photo Album’.
3. Name the album.
4. Decide whether you want other people to look at your album by selecting ‘Public’ and whether you want other people to be able to add to your album by selecting ‘Allow Member Uploads’. Neither of these options are necessary to include images in your posts.
5. Click ‘Browse’ or ‘Choose Photo’, then choose a file from your computer.
6. Please note, you can only upload jpegs. Also, make sure there are no ‘funny characters’, such as £, % and * in the file name, as the website will not accept them.
7. Click on ‘Upload Photos’.
How to add photos to an album you already have:
1. Go to ‘My Account’ which you’ll find in the top left of the home page of the website.
2. Click on ‘My Photos’.
3. Click on ‘Edit Photos’ of the album you want to add to.
4. Add pictures with the ‘Choose Photos’ function.
How to add photos from an album to your post:1. Place the cursor where you want to have the picture situated in your post.
2. Click on the black and white camera icon.
3. Select the album which includes the picture you want to show, by clicking on the name of the album.
4. Then click on the name of the picture.
5. The actual picture will be shown in the right-hand panel, so you can be sure you picked the right one.
6. Click on OK.
7. The picture will now be added to your post. Repeat this for any pictures you may want to add.
If you get stuck, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or post on the forum saying ‘Help, I can’t do [whatever it is]’ and someone will help you out. We’re nice!
Edited By Julia Lee on 07/03/2013 12:45:45
Edited By Julia Lee on 07/03/2013 12:47:06