Welcome to the Olympic Games issue

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Adrian13/07/2012 14:40:30
1828 forum posts
971 photos
4 articles

The official Stamp Magazine verdict is in!

Here's my thoughts:

- commemorative worth: I agree with the reasoning behind the scoring, for this is olympic issue no. umpteen. However, it is the first one which has some direct link to the games (well, I suppose the definitives were also getting close) so I would downgrade all the previous issues to 1 star and give this sheet a four star rating.

- design: I think I would go for four stars here as well. The design is very clever and as sports stamps they would merit five stars, but I don't see why they're particularly olympic, so that's why I would go for 4 stars here.

- wow factor: yes, two stars for me as well. The only wow factor is the design, which is okay, but other than that it's pretty immaterial. But then, seeing today's poll which suggests that at least 2/3 of Brits couldn't care less about the games, it probably does do justice to the games, or at least it represents the nation's true feelings.

Overall: not for me, thanks. I'll stock up on some more Dickens stamps and will aawit the next issue...

But more importantly: what do you all think?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
Purves Philatelics
varisell stamps
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers