By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

GB Gold Medal Winner stamps

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Post offices which will stock the instant Olympic stamps

Post offices which will stock the instant Olympic stamps

The 518 post offices which will stock the gold-medal winners' stamps the next day.

Jeff Dugdale09/05/2012 18:46:38
9 forum posts
45 articles

And so I am invited to spend at least £60 on stamps which I can only get in miniature sheet format and which will not come until most or all (not clear from the new First leaflet) of the stamps have been issued in mid August so there's no chance of creating genuine fdcs. I think I will pass and I hope a lot of other people tell Royal Mail where to put their Golden stamps !

Leave them on the shelf !

Julia Lee10/05/2012 08:40:59
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

This is in response to a leaflet offering you the chance to pre-buy the Gold medal winner stamps on the basis that there will be 19 winners, correct?

Jeff Dugdale10/05/2012 08:54:01
9 forum posts
45 articles

That's it - there appears to be no options e.g. If I was collecting e.g. Cycling Thematics or Gymnastics I will have to order the lot, as far as I can see.

Carmen10/05/2012 12:14:19
650 forum posts
61 photos

I don't know... I think I can see where Royal mail would be coming from... all those FDC's... the expense would be prohibitive... but one FDC for everything, that's a bit cheaper.

Then again,

- I don't live in England

- I don't collect FDCs!

So maybe I'm talking through my hat here... laugh

Edited By Carmen on 10/05/2012 12:14:39

Jack22/05/2012 21:58:21
124 forum posts

Hooray, real people on stamps. Now all we need is to have all UK Nobel Prize winners on stamps to provide other role models.. (And I know that we need the Field - Maths - Prize winner, if we have ever won it...)

Adrian22/06/2012 11:18:13
1828 forum posts
971 photos
4 articles

Contrary to what most of us expected, and according to a recent Royal Mail press release, the gold medal winner stamps will be available as single stamps as well, at 60p each, so you're not obliged to buy a whole miniature sheet of each stamp that will be issued. This will bring the total cost down considerably, which will I suppose boost sales.

Also, it is now in theory possible to check out where those next day stamps wil be sold. There are 500 post offices in the country selling them and you may be able to find them using this website page. Make sure you select the 'Gold Medal Next Day Stamps' in the 'Services Required' box.

I tried it, of course, but didn't get anywhere. Typing in a complete or even partial postcode didn't yield any results. Typing in my town name didn't work either, nor did entering the name of our regional capital. Only by typing in Edinburgh did I get two options. So it seems you'll have to guess your major town/city where you might be likely to find these stamps.

Julia Lee22/06/2012 11:47:21
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

I'm going to update our story to reflect the new 'individual stamps' availability.

I will also try to get a physical LIST of the different POs which are offering them, because you're right, Adrian, that isn't much use.

Of course if you type my postcode you get five different options...

Julia Lee29/06/2012 15:08:44
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

Success! We have the list of Post Offices which will stock the stamps next day.

They sent it to us by postcode, but we've also sorted it by town, which should help.

Both versions available here.

brian sinnott - postagelabelsuk.com02/07/2012 23:58:05
37 forum posts

Dont believe everything you read on individual olympic stamp availablility..

Brian

Julia Lee03/07/2012 09:29:54
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

Can you say more?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Glasgow Stamp Shop
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers