By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Postal History Research - The Thrills and Frustrations

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julia Lee24/04/2012 12:46:46
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

That's the title of Hugh Feldman's Stuart Rossiter lecture this year.

Nov 2, at the Royal in London.

Free tickets from Rex Dixon. Drop me a line on my email (in my status) and I'll give you the email. (Just because I don't want to splash it around the internet - too much spam!)

Anyway, I thought it would be good to talk about YOUR postal history research thrill and frustrations. Off you go!

John McCallum29/09/2012 14:58:21
409 forum posts
583 photos

Relative beginner at philatelic research although very experienced in science literature research.

For the last few years, I have been trying to put together information on the use of the Wincor-Nixdorf ATMs. I find useful such sources as Brian Sinnott's UK Postage Labels website and Norphil blog. A third source that I use on occassion is e-bay - but not to buy from it but to extract date information, session number and variety information.

Most of this data that I have put on my website comes from personal observations form visits to Wincor equiped offices and e-mails or letters from PMSC members and even a few examples. A few more e-mails were received after my letter in Stamps. A large amount of the data was generated by writing to individual post offices requesting examples of the faststamps with receipts. ( I always send cash but it does not always arrive!). [A big thank you to all at Royal Mail/Post Office who have assisted].

However, even with "advertising" an e-mail address or having a blog allowing comments doesn't seem to encourage people to reply with info. How about a research forum here? Can anyone forward data on the Wincor-Nixdorfs or even the Fujitsu or other kiosks that were trialed over the last decade or so? Links and e-mail address given on my pmechuk website(s).

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Purves Philatelics
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values