By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Website with philatelic errors

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Adrian01/02/2012 08:45:02
1828 forum posts
971 photos
4 articles

I was reading the Dutch Postzegelblog this morning (which has a 'translation' function!), and saw this blog on stamps with design errors. It referred to a website dedicated to these kind of errors, so I had a look and thought it was absolutely brilliant!

See for yourself here.

I was amazed how many stamps I actually have in my collection, never to have noticed anything wrong with them. Goes to show that you can never study your stamps throughly enough!

Julia Lee01/02/2012 09:34:55
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

Adrian - you've reminded me of one of the most embarrassing moments of my philatelic career.

I can't remember how it came in as a news lead, but it emerged that Austria had printed one of their Vienna exhibition stamps with their country name as 'Osterrreich', ie three Rs.

We'd had it in, I'd definitely looked at it, possibly even featured it, and I hadn't noticed. Which was fine, because no one at Austria Post had either!

Adrian01/02/2012 09:58:03
1828 forum posts
971 photos
4 articles

Found it!

Must admit it's very hard to see, I even had to look for a while before I could see any country's name at all !

Julia Lee01/02/2012 10:18:20
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

That's the one! For some reason I had one of the others from that series (which I think is great) in my head, where it would have been much more obvious. I feel better now!

Adrian01/02/2012 10:19:56
1828 forum posts
971 photos
4 articles

Anything to cheer you up !

smiley

Carmen04/02/2012 13:45:09
579 forum posts
58 photos

What a great website... I look forward to examining it in more detail, especially since I ALSO have some of the stamps he's talking about!

Thanks for the link!

Howard Howard21/08/2018 03:22:34
19 forum posts

I found some interesting article with nice scans of various errors:

Stamp Errors Review

It is the first part, so I think it will be continued. I found that some of the stamps from review listed on that website.

Carmen22/08/2018 12:53:17
579 forum posts
58 photos

Hey thanks for that Howard. I'll go have a look!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
varisell stamps
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
Purves Philatelics
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers