Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Dealer stuck in North Korea freed

Dealer stuck in North Korea freed

Missing man flew home on Saturday

Carmen17/09/2011 14:39:11
650 forum posts
61 photos

Does anyone else here feel guilty having any North Korean stamps, because you know that, deep down, the ONLY people benefitting from those sales is the communists in the government?

That having been said, I get SUCH a kick out of their stamps... the blatant propaganda... the opportunism (YA... the north Korea government really CARES that Prince Charles and Princess Diana were getting married...)

Jack19/09/2011 21:38:11
124 forum posts

The Charles and Diana material was essentially nothing but propaganda and revenue raising for all the governments which issued stamps, including the UK.

All govts hope we buy stamps and never use them; that's an easy way for them to make money. Do check all the UK stamps issued this year; how many have you seen commercially used? How many zillion have been bought by the mint stamp brigade ? So, how many millions given the RM for free?... (Work out the rare items, stamps used on cover in the time they were issued.)

So, no I have no problems with North Korea doing what they do; it's as good/bad as all other Post Offices (and just as blatant as many others).

Carmen11/11/2011 14:38:25
650 forum posts
61 photos

Oh for sure, Ozziel... I do agree with you... my beef with North Korea is that they hypocritically denounce "western decadence", as it were (i.e. the whole capital system) and then use that capital system to make money on something about which they care not one whit...

Clowns. cool

At least the rest of the Post offices are honest about making money...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
varisell stamps
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
Tony Lester
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers