Articles

350 years of postmarks on one Smilers sheet

350 years of postmarks on one Smilers sheet

Sheet issued at Stampex is tour through history of postmarks

Julia Lee26/07/2011 16:19:35
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

There are a LOT of new products at Stampex.

Have a look at the 350 Years of the Postmark story I've just put up. http://www.stampmagazine.co.uk/news/article.asp?a=8356

I'll be revealing more of the product later this week.

Julia Lee26/07/2011 16:23:36
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

To talk separately about this generic Smilers sheet. This, I like. Broadly.

Against (too much product aside): it's not exactly stamp plus label, as the generic sheets were supposed to be, is it? But that ship has sailed.

Pro: Good anniversary (350th, not 60th), a postal anniversary, good visuals, I absolutely like the tack they've taken of important-postmarks-in-history.

Jack19/09/2011 21:29:59
124 forum posts

The Arnold Machin overprints on the Machin faststamps were seriously underreported. Postally used material will be 'hen's teeth' land.

John McCallum15/10/2011 20:10:48
409 forum posts
583 photos

Re Machin Faststamps

Pre-Stampex information gave the impression that 2 Hytec Postal Vision machines would be present but in reality there were 4. Two were accessible to the public while the other two were "in the back". Public machine were coded 91 and 92 while the others were coded 93 and 94. Backroom machines were to allow dealers to get stock and free the other to the public.

First day, three machines had the machins while the fourth had Birds 3. Birds 4 was put on 93 on the Friday.

Try googling "pmechuk" for more info

John McCallum29/09/2012 14:30:53
409 forum posts
583 photos

Autumn Stampex 2012 has produced new versions of the pigs and flag stamps on the Hytec ATMs. The flag has a jubilee theme. From Friday 28th September the pigs were changed to the new cattle issue.

All had the "office ident" A9GB12. Publically accessible kiosks had the idents A1 and A2 while the backroom machines used the idents B1 and B2. Cattle presentation packs used the "office ident" A9NL12.

Details on pmechuk.blogspot.com or google "pmechuk"

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Glasgow Stamp Shop
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers