Post here first! (Sandbox)

A place for you to have a go at posting and uploading images

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Adrian16/08/2013 13:56:29
1828 forum posts
971 photos
4 articles

Yes, it is a great thread isn't it?! We have some very knowledgeable participants, who dwell among the gods. But don't let that scare you off, after all, you know what they say: ...just put your feet down child, the water is only waist high...

Have you already checked out our little gem of a Pierre Béquet thread too?

smiley

n briggs14/09/2013 21:36:11
1 forum posts

Hi I am new here I need some advice have I come to the right place ? I have what looks like some post office promotional material would anyone know if it is worth saving or should I get rid of it I am not a collector myself so need help thanks

Julia Lee16/09/2013 10:33:10
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

Hi N, Some post office promo material can be collectable. Eg, some people collect the posters advertising stamp issues which were put up in PO windows. We're not talking big money, but there's some interest.

Lexman03/11/2013 19:48:47
2 forum posts

Hi all, I'm from France and 'am looking for some philatleists who are interested in exchanging / swapping covers with nice commemorative stamps Fr (-) UK and if one has the opportunity eventually some FDC's?

Thanks in advance

Axel

jazzstamps.blogspot.com

Sonia Constant13/01/2014 14:12:42
1 forum posts

Afternoon,

Just signed up. I have just inherited my Grandads stamps, sorting through them and trying to understand what it all means and what shall I do with them!

Any advice / help / support would be great.

Thanks

Sonia

Julia Lee13/01/2014 14:18:29
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

Hi Sonia,

Welcome to the forum!

In general, if you want to value them go to the library and get either our British Stamp Market Values (or you can always buy it...) for British stamps, or Stanley Gibbons country catalogues, and work what they all are.

Re: Gibbons catalogues - assume you'd receive anywhere between 30%-40% of listed price and bear in mind if it's just an ordinary collection, someone will probably just buy the whole lot for a (smaller) lump sum.

We don't value stamps, but we can help with tricky ones if you post scans - say a country name you don't recognise.

The chances are, they're not worth much and you can a) keep them and get involved in the hobby. :-D b) put them on eBay c) see what a dealer will value them at (use the Philatelic Traders Society website to find one near you) or d) give them to charity.

Carmen14/01/2014 12:37:11
650 forum posts
61 photos

Hey Sonia.. welcome! I became a collector just because of the stories that stamps tell... start learning about each stamp, and why it was issued and you'll probably be hooked! Have fun! laugh

som ghatak16/01/2014 18:12:56
139 forum posts
90 photos

Hello Julia,

Can you again post the link of index excel sheet which contains information about old issues..

Thanks

Lisa Luke19/06/2014 10:11:34
14 forum posts
11 photos

Hello everyone, I'm new here and this is my first post. I inherited a stamp collection which got me hooked and now I enjoy looking for rarities and errors

Carmen20/06/2014 12:59:34
650 forum posts
61 photos

Hey Lisa... welcome! That's what we need, more of us Collector Chicks! What do you like to collect in particular?

Were you one of the bidders on the Guyana stamp the other day? After all, it's a rarity! laugh

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Tony Lester
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values