By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Magical Realms stamps

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

SA18/03/2011 15:23:42
49 forum posts

I think that they are ghastly, but I would do as this sort of fiction has never done anything for me.

David Blake 120/03/2011 10:33:40
9 forum posts

It would be interesting to know how many of the higher value stamps are used for postal purposes and how many are simply sold to collectors. There is no reason for this issue at all.

Jack25/03/2011 21:22:06
124 forum posts

Did someone actually deplore the trend for populism? Really? I bet he/she also deplores how few people collect stamps. Words like 'degrades' and 'dignity'; 'Busines should not stoop'. get real. Moving mail is a business, nothing more, nothing less. Philately is about its history.

We are not an offshoot of the National Trust. RM must make a profit. Fine. Collectors can choose what they like; but less ostrich 'head in the sand'; the empire is over. If you dont like one set of stamps, fine; others do. If you think people should have been on satmps join the club. I'd like living people such as Nobel prize winners.

But I recognise it's not popular and RM is a business and so should know what to do.

'What's happened to the Royal Mail policy of not portraying living persons, may we ask once again ?'

And the sooner that polcy goes the better; why not have Nobel Prize winners on stamps? Why are they so much less valuable than divorced royals?

Jack25/03/2011 21:23:26
124 forum posts

'It would be interesting to know how many of the higher value stamps are used for postal purposes and how many are simply sold to collectors.'

David, people post to overseas. Yes, they will be more awkward to find on cover but there is a need for them.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers