By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Philatelic Christmas presents

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julia Lee05/01/2011 14:55:49
2047 forum posts
1002 photos
230 articles

Anyone get any good philatelic Christmas presents?

Such as a subscription to Stamp Magazine...?

Gillian Hutchinson09/07/2018 13:00:19
73 forum posts
3 photos

I don't get this - 0 replies are indicated for this thread, which was started in 2011, but a last post is indicated in 2018 with no way to read it. Can someone explain please?

The op reminded me of a small, but appreciated philatelic Christmas present my sister gave me when we were kids - she a few years younger than me. It was a small packet of stamps for stamp collectors - usually enthusiastic young stamp collectors like myself. She wrapped it in just enough wrapping paper to cover the packet and set it on the Christmas tree, but alas, when all the presents had been handed out on Christmas Day, there was no sign of the small packet from my sister to me and she got quite upset at its disappearance, insisting that there definitely was another parcel from her to me. Thankfully she found it, after a lot of rummaging on the floor under the tree.

I did appreciate that small packet of stamps, but the philatelic Christmas gift I would like now would be a GB Stamp Album for my growing collection.

Gillian

Paul Davey 109/07/2018 17:10:26
393 forum posts
26 photos

Hi Gillian

every so often these fora get hit by spam posts from folk trying to sell dodgy stuff or offer dodgy services. Whilst the mods & owners can delete all this cr*p it resets the numbers of replies but not the date last updated. Simples!

Paul

Carmen10/07/2018 11:54:48
573 forum posts
58 photos

So Gillian, have you passed your request for GB album to your sister? You can tell her at least *that* won't get lost under the tree! wink

Gillian Hutchinson28/07/2018 23:06:25
73 forum posts
3 photos

LOL. We no longer exchange presents, Carmen. She's in Surrey and I'm here in Northern Ireland. I'd be better dropping hints to my own family. Her daughter and her boyfriend were visiting here today before heading back home after a holiday. She would have enjoyed that story about the stamps, but I forgot about it until now. Even her talking about her cats playing with the Christmas tree didn't jolt my memory.

Gillian

Edited By Gillian Hutchinson on 28/07/2018 23:06:59

Carmen30/07/2018 12:47:27
573 forum posts
58 photos

Well can't speak for you Gillian, but certainly I'm now at an age (52!) when my mind isn't jogged, and it's only been a week since I saw someone! LOL! Sigh...

Gillian Hutchinson16/08/2018 19:48:35
73 forum posts
3 photos

Well, since you’re just a youngster to me, Carmen, I consider myself pardonned for my memory not being jogged lol. Thank you!

Gillian

Paul Davey 117/08/2018 13:09:16
393 forum posts
26 photos

Hi Gillian

I see you are in Northern Ireland. I am visiting Belfast next month. Any stamp shops or markets you can recommend?

Paul

Gillian Hutchinson08/09/2018 21:37:24
73 forum posts
3 photos

To be honest I don't know Belfast very well and am hardly ever there, but I see from a Google search that The Belfast Stamp Shop is in High Street.

Enjoy your trip!

Gillian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
varisell stamps
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers