By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

What do you collect?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul Davey 117/09/2018 21:23:17
393 forum posts
26 photos

Welcome Phil

I like the blocks. I have often wondered what is the biggest sheet regularly issued?

Maybe the few folk who do venture on here will respond? I think mine is 1940 China - US constitution. Wil measure & post a photo (not a scan since it is bigger than my A3 scanner!)

Phil Edgar18/09/2018 07:25:28
3 forum posts
7 photos

Thanks Paul

I had quite a few full GB sheets (120 values) over the years but always found them to be a tad cumbersome. I passed on most of them.

1/4 sheet (30 values) or slightly larger is as big as I go these days as I keep my stamps in stock books.

Your 1940 China sheet sounds like a big beastie indeed! .. like Kim Jong-un's ego!

Carmen18/09/2018 11:29:18
574 forum posts
58 photos

Welcome Phil! While I don't collect sheets (and certainly none of the size you've mentioned), I have had some larger stuff come into my collection over the years, and added it with pleasure (like you, anything goes... I'm no stamp snob, let me tell ya!)

Mostly it has been random things I found that have no real value but look great... one of my larger ones is a sheet containing paintings of all the kings and queens of England for one of the UAE countries, and most recently, a cool print (that was meant to be framed) from the UK, commemorating Charles Dickens' life, and including Scott 620a - 1970 Literary Anniversaries Series.

Phil Edgar18/09/2018 15:31:00
3 forum posts
7 photos

Many thanks Carmen! .. I took my two GB 1970 Literary Anniversaries blocks of 40 from a full sheet (photos posted) SG824/7 .. I've often thought of framing stamps to hang on a wall but never followed it up .. I have about 50 prints of David Roberts c19th paintings from Egypt to frame first! lol ..

David Logan-Gray22/09/2018 07:20:07
1 forum posts
Hi everyone
I have a massive worldwide collection that I just recently started up again after a rather long break. I don't concentrate on any particular country, just whatever take my fancy at the time. So I have a very wide interest.
Many thanks
Dave
Paul Davey 122/09/2018 08:16:26
393 forum posts
26 photos

Welcome Dave

it's not that active on here but most posts get some sort of response!

Paul

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
varisell stamps
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Purves Philatelics
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers