By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

What do you collect?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julian05/05/2017 13:24:00
635 forum posts
261 photos

Welcome to the Forum Victor, I hope you get some enjoyment, as I have from it.

Ernest Jones 106/05/2017 13:30:22
3 forum posts

I collect all GB stamps and I have all of Queen Elizabeth II stamps. I do collect from the rest of the world and I prefer Commonwealth stamps to more foreign countries.

Julian06/05/2017 16:26:56
635 forum posts
261 photos

So whats your favourite part of GB collecting Ernest? Is there an era or theme you prefer? And welcome to the Forum!

Collectra22/06/2017 15:54:49
22 forum posts

I've been in and out of this forum many times over the years. I may well have posted on this thread earlier but anyway for now- living in the USA, I have a US collection but do little with it other than to add a stamp or two for it every six months or so. I collect  to about 2010 and am fairly complete from 1920 and prior to that am missing perhaps a hundred stamps, you can perhaps guess which ones.

I have a general Germany collection in 12 Schaubek albums up to about 1990, DDR is complete and am nearly so in several other areas.

My GB collection is in Windsor albums to 2010. I've been able to complete many of the Victoria era pages by settling for nice looking 'seconds'. My Machins are lagging behind other sections, never could get into those. Am also working on filling a George VI set of albums, recently obtained an old bound pair of New Imperials and now seeing how many pages I can fill in those. It's madness, I know.

Edited By Craig Marshall on 22/06/2017 15:56:40

Julian22/06/2017 20:16:57
635 forum posts
261 photos

Hi Craig well I almost certainly have joined your club because I too very rarely now even search for Diana stuff but I have been thinking about other areas.

It sounds like you have enough to keep you busy anyway. Keep popping in anyway always nice to see a new comment.

Edited By Julian on 22/06/2017 20:17:31

Stuart Rogerson 215/01/2018 22:39:05
1 forum posts

Welcome 2018

I had to give up collecting about five years ago mainly USSR. My eyesight and dexterity are now poor. I have decided to try again but this time to find large colourful high contrast easy to handle mint stamps. So that I can enjoy a few more years. I did move to postcard collecting adding to my Grandmother’s collection created in the Edwardian Era.

I am hoping to find a helpful stamps on approval service. Suggestions would be very welcome.

Carmen04/03/2018 12:25:38
650 forum posts
61 photos

Hey Stuart... I use Arpin Philately in Montreal Quebec and can HEARTILY recommend them. Of course, they are in Canada so you may not be willing to go that far, depending on where you are.

Welcome to the fora! It's a small, great group.

Bruno Zadnich20/04/2018 07:22:57
6 forum posts

Hi, everyone!

Just joined the forum.

Started collecting stamps (just anything, at the time) when I was seven... ages ago.

As of today I collect semi-modern (roughly from the 30's to the 60's) Switzerland, Austria and just a few of KGVI and QEII Commonwealth (Bermuda - Falkland - Fiji - Mauritius). I'm afraid that's my ambition only, because I end up collecting much more, to my wallet's despair.

Anyway, great fun!

Meow cat.

Bruno.

Carmen22/04/2018 12:43:40
650 forum posts
61 photos

Welcome Bruno! As for your Wallet's Despair, WE HEAR YA!

smiley

Phil Edgar17/09/2018 19:33:33
3 forum posts
7 photos

Hi all, I've joined the group today.

I've been collecting on and off since I was about 8 or 9 years old (now 65).

I collect mainly GB blocks of stamps, but also singles, gutter pairs etc. .. in reality ANYTHING GOES!

I'm currently adding some Commonwealth stamps to my collection.

Best Regards

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers