By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Podcast

New podcast published

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Pete West 226/11/2021 12:23:28
28 forum posts
1 photos

My next podcast is once again, available for listening/viewing. In this episode we find out what is involved in the design of new stamps for the British Postal Service. We look at the issues of 2021 and discuss in detail one particular set which has caught my attention. We also find out how you can spend more than £200 on items from the new issues.

click on the link to listen

The process of designing stamps

or here to view on YouTube

YouTube link

Carmen28/11/2021 11:26:58
725 forum posts
66 photos

Hey Pete! Yeah, I agree with both you (DC Comics?! 200 pounds?! What does that have to do with British culture?!) AND your wife (they're appealing to modern stamp collectors)

I just wish they'd appeal to modern stamp collectors... by sticking to British culture! laugh

Pete West 218/12/2021 11:05:00
28 forum posts
1 photos

My latest Podcast, YouTube video, has just been released. In this episode we attempt to find when stamp collecting became a serious hobby. From making garlands of stamps on pieces of string to the scientific study of stamps, we look at the stamp house, Samuel Lord and on to the study of watermarks and perforations.

Available on youtube here

YouTube video

and Anchor here:

Anchor podcast

This will be my last one before Christmas but I will return in the new year with a revamped style focusing more on visual content.

Pete West 208/01/2022 10:23:11
28 forum posts
1 photos

My new look video podcast is now available on YouTube here:

YouTube video podcast

It is also still available in audio format on anchor:

anchor audio podcast

This weeks episode looks at part of my collection, the Malta 1965 definitive set, where I discuss the many errors and varieties that exist in this set and suggest some reasons why they happened.

Carmen09/01/2022 10:48:25
725 forum posts
66 photos

Hey Pete, so I was just getting caught up on the last two podcasts and was happy to hear you also decided to throw your (little) lot in with the 1c Magenta. Like you, I'm not so much thinking of "investment" as of just the thrill of being part owner of such a great piece of postal history.

Pete West 223/01/2022 11:32:16
28 forum posts
1 photos

This weeks video podcast has now been released, called "What's in the Magazines". In this I give a round up of the February editions British stamp magazines and look forward to the London International Exhibition which will finally go ahead from 19th to 26th February.

watch the video here.....

**LINK**

and also still on Anchor

Anchor

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Auctioneers Feltzmann
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
Tony Lester
varisell stamps