New podcast published

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Pete West 209/10/2021 14:25:57
21 forum posts
1 photos

Hi Carmen. The catalogue is here

Stampworld Catalogue

I find it really useful. You have to register to be able to use it, but it's free to register. Hope it helps.

Edited By Pete West 2 on 09/10/2021 14:27:10

Carmen10/10/2021 11:23:24
698 forum posts
65 photos

Super. Thanks Pete!

Pete West 223/10/2021 11:01:41
21 forum posts
1 photos

Two new podcasts have been released since my last post. Episode 11 "Where do I buy my Stamps" looking at internet auction sites, postal auctions, online dealers, stamp fairs and shops. Episode 12 "Mint, used, or covers?" looking at the different types of mint and used stamps that can be collected as well as postal history.

As always you can listen to the podcasts here.

Podcasts

Carmen23/10/2021 11:49:08
698 forum posts
65 photos

Yes, was just listening to Episode 11 yesterday... on a related note, today is Kingston Stamp Show day here in town, the first in two years and I can actually GO (I had something else scheduled but it got cancelled! Woohoo! More to follow on that... and all the Unnecessary Trashy Buying I will have done! #HoardingOnATinyScale laugh

Pete West 223/10/2021 11:55:15
21 forum posts
1 photos

Enjoy the stamp show. I'm hoping to go to the London show next February but still nervous about booking flights to UK, so have not committed yet.

Paul Davey 123/10/2021 13:19:04
525 forum posts
26 photos

Where would you fly from Pete? I spent two days of Stampex at the venue a coupe of weeks back. Pretty well spaced out, it never felt crowded. I plan to be there every day of 2022 and one or two days before depending on when they want to start mounting. The only experience I can offer flying into Heathrow was last year during a lockdown with 14 days home quarantine from everywhere. Heathrow was the fastest, easiest arrival I ever made there! With e-gates and no queue I was still beaten to baggage reclaim by my luggage! Can't guarantee it will be like that now though!

Pete West 225/10/2021 18:49:34
21 forum posts
1 photos

Hi Paul, we usual fly into Gatwick as we have friends near there, then spend a couple of days in London, me going to the show and my wife seeing the sights and shops of London. We haven't been to the UK since covid so hope things will have calmed down by next February, although it's still not looking great at the moment.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Auctioneers Feltzmann
Guernsey post November
varisell stamps
Tony Lester
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE