New podcast published

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Pete West 209/10/2021 14:25:57
25 forum posts
1 photos

Hi Carmen. The catalogue is here

Stampworld Catalogue

I find it really useful. You have to register to be able to use it, but it's free to register. Hope it helps.

Edited By Pete West 2 on 09/10/2021 14:27:10

Carmen10/10/2021 11:23:24
712 forum posts
65 photos

Super. Thanks Pete!

Pete West 223/10/2021 11:01:41
25 forum posts
1 photos

Two new podcasts have been released since my last post. Episode 11 "Where do I buy my Stamps" looking at internet auction sites, postal auctions, online dealers, stamp fairs and shops. Episode 12 "Mint, used, or covers?" looking at the different types of mint and used stamps that can be collected as well as postal history.

As always you can listen to the podcasts here.

Podcasts

Carmen23/10/2021 11:49:08
712 forum posts
65 photos

Yes, was just listening to Episode 11 yesterday... on a related note, today is Kingston Stamp Show day here in town, the first in two years and I can actually GO (I had something else scheduled but it got cancelled! Woohoo! More to follow on that... and all the Unnecessary Trashy Buying I will have done! #HoardingOnATinyScale laugh

Pete West 223/10/2021 11:55:15
25 forum posts
1 photos

Enjoy the stamp show. I'm hoping to go to the London show next February but still nervous about booking flights to UK, so have not committed yet.

Paul Davey 123/10/2021 13:19:04
528 forum posts
26 photos

Where would you fly from Pete? I spent two days of Stampex at the venue a coupe of weeks back. Pretty well spaced out, it never felt crowded. I plan to be there every day of 2022 and one or two days before depending on when they want to start mounting. The only experience I can offer flying into Heathrow was last year during a lockdown with 14 days home quarantine from everywhere. Heathrow was the fastest, easiest arrival I ever made there! With e-gates and no queue I was still beaten to baggage reclaim by my luggage! Can't guarantee it will be like that now though!

Pete West 225/10/2021 18:49:34
25 forum posts
1 photos

Hi Paul, we usual fly into Gatwick as we have friends near there, then spend a couple of days in London, me going to the show and my wife seeing the sights and shops of London. We haven't been to the UK since covid so hope things will have calmed down by next February, although it's still not looking great at the moment.

Pete West 205/11/2021 17:59:15
25 forum posts
1 photos

My latest podcast is now available for listening. This week we look at the work of Dorothy Wilding and her influence in the design of British stamps.

In todays podcast we find out who Dorothy Wilding was and how she helped create one of the most iconic images on British stamps. From her early beginnings in Bond Street, to her receipt of the Royal warrant, and on to her photographs of Queen Elizabeth which were to be used on stamps for more than 15 years. We also talk about the changes taking place in the British postal system during the life of the "Wildings" definitives.

Listen here **LINK**

It is now also available on youtube with images to support the story.

Watch here **LINK**

Pete West 212/11/2021 12:21:22
25 forum posts
1 photos

My latest podcast is now available, this one about King Edward VIII stamps and the effect his abdication had on the stamp world. We talk about the Post Office's deception, the missing Australian stamps and the Falklands Islands cunning plan.

listen here

KEVIII stamps podcast

All my podcasts are now also available on my new youtube channel with images to support the stories.

ourdadsstamps youtube channel

Pete West 219/11/2021 14:28:16
25 forum posts
1 photos

I have released another podcast called "The printing of King Edward VII stamps", which is now available on YouTube as well as Anchor. In this episode we discover how De La Rue lost a printing contract that they had held for nearly 50 years, the problems facing Harrison & sons when they took over the printing and how the governments own printers at Somerset House got involved in printing stamps.

Click on the link to listen

The-printing-of-King-Edward-VII-stamps

or here

YouTube version

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Auctioneers Feltzmann
Universal Philatelic Auctions
varisell stamps
Tony Lester
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values