By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Podcast

New podcast published

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Pete West 203/09/2021 11:19:28
21 forum posts
1 photos

Another podcast has now been released, and in this one we talk about the penny black, the world's first postage stamp. In it we answer the questions, how much is a penny black worth?, why did a stamp dealership buy a house in Bury St Edmunds?, and why have I got 11 penny blacks?. Have a listen.

**LINK**

Carmen08/09/2021 12:13:38
698 forum posts
65 photos

Hey Pete! Thanks! I've now subscribed in Podcast Player by Castbox and have downloaded and listened to all the episodes... cool! I also can't wait to see what Stanley Gibbons does as regards the "share ownership" of the 1 cent magenta.

I really like the fact that your wife joins you, by the way, because since she's a non-collector, she's asking all the questions the non-collectors would ask you as you speak, so keep that up!

C.

PS . I have only 1 Penny Black... in case you're taking a listener survey, LOL!

Pete West 208/09/2021 15:23:21
21 forum posts
1 photos

Thank you so much for your feedback Carmen. I'm glad you have enjoyed listening.

I will pass your comments onto Sheila too, she is the one who encouraged me to start the podcast as she has been doing her own "allaboutyou" podcast for several months. I think she brings something extra to the podcasts too.

Thanks again....... Let me know if there is a topic you would like to see included, and keep looking out for those penny blacks.

Pete

Pete West 210/09/2021 14:59:38
21 forum posts
1 photos

This weeks podcast is a two part series about errors in stamps. Listen here
**LINK**

Pete West 218/09/2021 12:00:21
21 forum posts
1 photos

The second of the two part podcast on errors in stamps. This week as well as talking about watermark errors and perforation errors we also discover what can go wrong if you mistake the real Statue of Liberty for the fake one in Las Vegas.

We-all-make-mistakes-part-2

Carmen18/09/2021 13:10:00
698 forum posts
65 photos

Oh riiiiight! The infamous, "WHAT?! I breached copyright? WRONG STATUE?!" story, LOL!

My other particular favourite recent one, though not an error so much as a Grave Mistake was when Thailand issued stamps all about favourite famous regional food dishes, only to find out that a bunch of them are made using animals on the Endangered Species List! THAT went over with the animal preservation groups...

#OopsMyBad

Pete West 224/09/2021 11:36:40
21 forum posts
1 photos

In this weeks episode we talk about the equipment you must have to be able to identify, look after and display your stamps. We also find out whether it's worth spending 900€ on an album, where to find a free catalogue, and an easy trick to zoom in to the fine detail on stamps.

Click the link below

Essential Equipment

Pete West 201/10/2021 14:06:04
21 forum posts
1 photos

The second part of Ourdadsstamps podcast about essential equipment has now been published. In this weeks episode we continue with my recommendations for "gizmos and gadgets" necessary to enjoy your stamp collecting. We explore the early beginnings of philately and the influence of Monsieur LeGrande, the differences between Carmine-red, Bright carmine-red and deep bright carmine-red, and the usefulness of an expensive drier.

to listen click the link below

Essential Equipment (part 2)

Pete West 208/10/2021 18:02:44
21 forum posts
1 photos

My 10th podcast has now been issued. This one features the British Commonwealth Omnibus issues, an interesting and popular addition to any collection. We look in detail at the KGV Silver Jubilee issues of 1935, The Victory sets of 1945-46, the UPU anniversary issues of 1949 and I give my views on the current crop of Omnibus stamps.

Click the link below to listen

British Commonwealth Omnibus Issues

Carmen09/10/2021 12:58:48
698 forum posts
65 photos

Hey Pete! What's that free stamp catalogue online database you mentioned in your essential equipment pt 2 podcast again? Can you post a link here? Thanks!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Auctioneers Feltzmann
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester