By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

The 13th Postcard

What stamps to affix to the final postcard if any?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Richard Mullens25/07/2021 11:04:10
1 forum posts

Hello All. Apologies in advance for not knowing the correct terminology, I'm a novice. My question is this: When a new set of stamps are issued with corresponding postcards, there is one postcard for each stamp. Say eight regular stamps and four from the miniature sheet. However there is also a final postcard, usually the 13th one, which has an image of the miniature sheet in its entirety. What does everyone do with their 13th postcard? If the aim is to get all the postcards franked with a First Day Of Issue franking on them then the 12 postcards with 12 corresponding stamps are straightforward But for the 13th postcard do you either not bother to get it franked, or do you affix one single stamp onto it, or do you affix one of each of the miniature sheet stamps as the image on the 13th postcard, or do you try and cut out a section of the miniature sheet to stick on so that it more closely matches the image on the 13th postcard? Your thoughts please.

Carmen09/09/2021 11:56:41
683 forum posts
63 photos

Hey guys... thought I'd bump this one up our list since no one has responded yet to his first post. Welcome Richard, although I have no anwer to your question. But let's see f anyone else does?

Paul Davey 109/09/2021 13:53:59
523 forum posts
26 photos

No real answer from me either Carmen. Stick the miniature sheet complete on the back if it fits? Just extract the stamps and use those all on the one card? Mount the mint sheet and mint card together on a page? A true maximum card should, IMHO, have a postmark connected to the stamp picture rather than just First Day of Issue.

Any "modern" collectors out there?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Auctioneers Feltzmann
Guernsey post November
Glasgow Stamp Shop
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE