By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Stamps Magazine Published New York 1970s

Lutton Postage stamps 1971,

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Edward Pawley26/02/2021 13:25:32
1 forum posts

I'm searching for particular article by Rev David Hill, of St Nicholas Church Lutton Lincolnshire UK who had organised a printing of stamps (2s/6d & 12.5p) during 1971 Postal Strike to raise money for a heating system for his 14th Century Church. A picture of which is depicted on the stamps.

His article appeared in the 12th Feb 1972 Issue of Stamps published in New York.

I can't find such a publication listed now.

Can anyone help??

I have acquired these stamps plus 2 first day covers from rev David Hill, now retired. I also have a part copy of his article but second page of which is missing.

Also he mentioned in our correspondence that enough money was raised to install modern heating, with many stamp collectors at that time buying up the stamps for their collections.

Have any members also acquired these stamps??

My email address is tedpawley@gmail.com

Thank you for your help. Ted

Julian26/02/2021 15:33:42
785 forum posts
364 photos

I would ask or write mail to the publisher? Funny because I just been buying some of the postal strike stamps not sure if that was one of them, I just looked it was Exeter I am afraid. If your looking to buy, Ebay would be the place to look. Or type it into your browser, there maybe other auction sites that have them. I can tell you they are asking silly prices and there are very few at low prices but a few, if your being specific, maybe not.

Again have you searched the internet on the article because it maybe out there as it is old now?

If You have done all that I can only think of joining a USA Stamp Forum?

I will see what I can search upon it or maybe someone has. they are a good bunch in here too.

Julian

Julian26/02/2021 15:45:53
785 forum posts
364 photos

Just done search the magazine is still running in publication there is nothing about back issues but there is a contact tab? **LINK**

Hope that helps

Julian

Paul Davey 126/02/2021 16:24:11
523 forum posts
26 photos

Julian - the link goes to Stamp Magazine (owners of this website!)

I don't think a magazine called Stamps is still published in New York.

The American Philatelic Research Library can be contacted via: https://stamps.org/services/library and should be able to answer the question-

Julian28/02/2021 11:52:37
785 forum posts
364 photos

Lol sorry I never realized, I was just doing quick searches for Ted, Yeah the Stamp site only did back copies to either 87 or 77 but there was a contact button. I am not sure about APRL, They have moved to a new building but this was a few years ago now, so maybe could be an avenue, I would still chase the magazine first. Done the Ebay search with nothing. There was something on something like Pineinterest but it had little info and was sold anyway and it blocked me anyway with a huge "Sign In" dialog box.

Julian28/02/2021 11:58:14
785 forum posts
364 photos

I just clicked on the link and it was not the site I was on!!!

Julian28/02/2021 12:09:37
785 forum posts
364 photos

Best thing to do, is go into WH Smith with pen and paper and write down the email contact from the REAL Stamp magazine!!!!

Paul Davey 128/02/2021 15:36:10
523 forum posts
26 photos

Edward,

email contact for this magazine, "Stamp Magazine" has nothing to do with the magazine Stamps published in the US. Indeed there were at least three magazines of that name over the years and one was published in the UK.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Auctioneers Feltzmann
Guernsey post November
Glasgow Stamp Shop
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE