By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Posties

How to stop the Scribble

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julian24/02/2021 23:04:16
785 forum posts
364 photos

I wish I had taken pictures of this I really do, I received I piece of post today scratching my head. A letter which was wrapped up in a plastic pocket, well that had me thinking what an ingenious way of keeping your mail dry.

Then it dawned upon me this must have caused the Postie to not be able to not use his pen (in fact one of my mail the Stamp was obliterated with black marker pen) some frustration. Laughing at this obviously the Stamp was untouched but the really funny thing was, the plastic page had indeed been cancelled. I am still chuckling now, I wrote to the seller and told them and indeed maybe we should write to RM and start a campaign!!! Cancel the Stamps properly or this will be the answer, OK you may not get your Stamps cancelled but I would rather that than what I got in other mail which was this.scribble.jpg

I don't blame them really as this is a lot of money had it come un cancelled for someone to reuse but really, that is just destruction. On the other side of the coin, the girl on the counter at PO today must be getting used to me, she hand Stamped the Stamps I just smiled, she's cute really, I do not even have to ask now Yippeeeee

Julian24/02/2021 23:36:18
785 forum posts
364 photos

Now what would you rather have, the above or this?pen stroke.jpg

And in fact both these are removable, the marker pen is removable but a considerable risk to destroying the Stamp because of the process. However a meaningful RM would be better in writing in the blank part of the Stamp and if they thought about about it, they could easily lift one of the Security tabs out to stop fraudulent reuse! This does not detract though from a hand stamp use at any point of the Stamps journey.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Auctioneers Feltzmann
Glasgow Stamp Shop
SANDAFAYRE
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
varisell stamps