By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Royal Wedding

Aitutaki

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julian18/01/2021 23:58:06
774 forum posts
364 photos

Hi, Anyone have a Catalogue that covers this set of stamps, I need to know if these are legit, 2nd time I seen this style OP, I purchased a different sheet for Romania and I think this is the start of what I said a while ago. Jut looked on Ebay and there is now a Red OP which seems very suspect as why would you have two OP the Pink being 2017, Of course being OP is not really a addition in as much memorable to her.

But more to the point I recently saw this set, I thought it was odd at first but cast my doubting self to bid on it but it went way above what I am prepared to pay.

aituuki rwjpg.jpg

The writing is the same style on another sheet I seen and it says 40th Anniv which is a bit early for a start off, The wedding was July?? Would they be allowed to print before the official date? This seems to be popping up more and more.

On the Memoriam sheet it is given Mi.7267,KB,FDC which is cat ref and this person has both this in Pink but also the Black OP, I mean really would they do this??? The Black is post cancelled, not that this means anything but take a look?

romania jpg.jpg

Why would they print this and yes they even have a FDC for this, although not for the Black OP!! I was doubting the Black BUT PINK!!!!!!!! While my senses tells me it cannot be fake, I just don't know and these seem to sell around the $ 5.00 mark I got mine knocked down $ 3 25 on a best offer last year..

Both colours are surcharged the same L6000 to L8, I just cannot get passed this Pink lol lol So is there a cat No. for the Black?

Here are the Original and Black OP

romainia b.jpg

and B/OP

romania bl op.jpg

Edited By Julian on 18/01/2021 23:59:30

Julian19/01/2021 14:10:32
774 forum posts
364 photos

Further to the Royal Wedding OP, I have none of that material with the Gold bar on title. I have the Gold and Black surcharge bars, if ANYONE has an up to date Cat I''d be grateful for a Yay or Nay so I can steer clear of these. Also backing up what I know, a lot of this material will be on your stamp knowledge? .

Ass for Romania, I have specific knowledge but not good enough for this. There is no reason to have a Red or Pink OP but in saying this I know Red does exist on other Material. Guyana used it I am sure on surcharges However where or when who knows maybe I'm thinking of War Material, I seem to recall Germany using Red on OP but that maybe handstamps? I am glad I am not as keen now to buy Diana material anymore. I am afraid unless you have the Library to back it up, somewhere you going to get caught out! The Cancel mark does seem good but I will check that too, it does not look like a CTO?

Julian23/01/2021 23:24:33
774 forum posts
364 photos

Romania sheet in Pink is a promotional piece and is not actually Stamps? I would have engaged more confirmation from this seller but I take his word for it!

I also found today with the Original true OP sheet Romania and error of double writing, also with a nice asking price?

Again I would question that piece as this seems not right to me?

Julian29/01/2021 01:29:01
774 forum posts
364 photos

Hi all,I was looking at my sheet of the above Romania and when I put it on my keyboard to do something and guess what happened???

The OP in all aspects changed PINK !!!!! So that is how this has been achieved. I could not believe it and if we look at the so called advertising you will see a bright light is shone at the sheet because the flash around Diana's head is bleach white.

All you need do get a camera, bright light and you will get that PINK affect. Even better, put the sheet face down on a scanner and possibly a sheet of white paper on top of it, may produce a better result!!!!!!

Edited By Julian on 29/01/2021 01:30:54

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Glasgow Stamp Shop
SANDAFAYRE
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values