By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Prussian Blue

What colour is this ?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Kevin Leary13/01/2021 17:28:55
22 forum posts
9 photos

As a novice and a man who usually relies upon Mrs L to choose colours for painting I am sure I am not alone in wondering what on earth Prussian blue may be.If this pic uploads correctly how do I distinguish between this and blue smiley

stampquery.jpg

Fred Sellars15/01/2021 10:24:44
598 forum posts
264 photos

Good morning Kevin,

When looking for different shades, sometimes it is best to use a stamp of similar colour that is more common.

One such stamp that shows the colour Prussian blue is that of the 10d Wilding stamp and can be used for comparison.

img_20210114_234931.jpg

Here's a snapshot that compares the two different shades of the stamp in question the Prussian blue one was taken from the Gawaine Baillie auction catalogue.

img_20210114_234038.jpg

Here's hoping that you can see the difference. Fred.

Kevin Leary15/01/2021 23:46:03
22 forum posts
9 photos

Many thanks Fred,my apologies for asking the obvious but a quick search hadn't clarified this to me other than stamp on ebay which didn't ring true to me. I must say I am enjoying my second life in philately, currently merging 3-4 moth eaten albums into some sort of order. Mrs L has full control of the TV and is happier than she has ever been !

Fred Sellars16/01/2021 13:02:06
598 forum posts
264 photos

Yes Kevin,

I think a lot of people have reverted back to stamp collecting, especially since the lockdown was introduced early last year.

Nevermind Kev, the telly isn't everything ! I hope that you are now enjoying your new lease of life with your old albums, rather than watching all those repeats on the Gogglebox 📺 . Fred.

Julian19/01/2021 15:26:47
785 forum posts
364 photos

I don't have a T.V but I do have an anorak, even that does not get out much.

Those stamps always remind me of bone china but they do look good., they have that authority about them.

David Shouksmith19/04/2021 20:09:13
8 forum posts

In practical terms, this isn't going to be much of a problem for the vast majority of us who haven't got around £10,000 to shell out on a single stamp! laugh smiley

Unfortunately for me and others who collect in the Windsor series of albums, Gibbons saw fit to include a space for the 1935 tuppence halfpenny Prussian blue SG 456a. But at least they've now taken away the space for the 1d red plate 77 so that's something I suppose... yes

Edited By David Shouksmith on 19/04/2021 20:09:50

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Auctioneers Feltzmann
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Glasgow Stamp Shop
SANDAFAYRE
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics