same old same old

HELP

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julian11/01/2021 15:54:18
733 forum posts
310 photos

Hi Folks,

I just seen something that's bugging me on Ebay and like always it's the curiosity that's killed the Julian.

I know these are duds but the actual design of the Label is for a Stamp Exhibition or something? I just cannot place it, again one of those things you see and take no notice of until this happens and you realise you did?!!

Just WHAT is the design really for???????

cindy a.jpg I just love the bordering which is so poor and mainly the right hand side.

cindy b.jpg

LOL I am going start making my own fakes just for a laugh out of the ones I already have, geeeeessh!! This actually is the best out of 3 but really, the wording???

cindy.jpg

These really are the pits when it comes to printing, yet I like them. I do believe let alone with all the other things wrong with me I can add Mental Health issues as well????

Paul Davey 111/01/2021 16:41:13
492 forum posts
26 photos

These are right at the end of the period when you could get paper "stamped to order" at the stamp office. what you did with it after was up to you but the "stamps" were valid for postage. 3.5p was the letter rate right at the end and my local club got some postcards stamped on the last day you could do this. Been selling them ever since! I believe several stamp dealers stocked up and printed various commemorative sheets such as these were prepared and sold, albeit at a premium on the face value!

Julian11/01/2021 19:44:28
733 forum posts
310 photos

Hi Paul,

I knew the actual sheet was O.K because its just one of those things you see and forget, as for the decor then around the edges, this is just someone's little creative addition. Yes 3.5p to a quid is a good rate of interest lol.

I bet that took some time to set up a printer and all the rest of it, a bit like my Exeter labels which were turned into Cinderella's, wonder what and if any were sent through the mail?. So the 3.5p is the dating of these then really and that like my Space cover dates to 74? National Letter Day as a quick Paul scan provides me lol lol.

cindy c.jpg

Tempted to buy them but something says no and as I say I still like it. I seem to believe now I saw this in a Cat somewhere maybe even a coin Cat Ad? But the PROOF is in the pudding totally wrong era, I reckon that makes my Exeter labels much better, lol and I got loads of those as a job lot lol lol. I cannot remember what I paid for them. I actually wonder with all this arguing about re using uncancelled stamps which is worse intentional addition to make you believe or just doing what is temptation lol.

I think it is a Coincraft Cat the 50p that was 71 so yes it fits now, geez wept what a day this has been?????

Thanks Paul been a laugh anyway.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Tony Lester
Purves Philatelics
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values