Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Star Trek

Star Trek

Issued on November 13, 2020

Julian22/11/2020 21:32:59
733 forum posts
310 photos

As its quiet in here I will take the time to answer the reviewers comments.

Verdict : British Stamps should be to celebrate British achievements!!! Oh really What did the Queens head on Stamps achieve over many years??? Stamps are to promote a vision on anything not just in the past? Again it may not have a Commemorative Worth in the sense but science seems to have become a reality of today in the field of Space? 2 / 5

Quality of Design : Well your limited to what you can do with Portraits and I only know 7 of the 12 and surely not give you their stage names let alone real names "Beam me up Scotty" 3 / 5

Wow Factor : I'm going to sound like a Broken record on this, any Stamp coming through the letter box is fun and if Cancelled is a bit of a British achievement / novelty lol lol. 5 / 5 as a Stamp through the door is like a Black Hole!!!

What fun we have to look forward to in Stamps, save the NHS, Corvid 19. Influencers of Twitter, Instagram etc. Kardashians, K.Price, S Cowel ,and much much more?

Alex25/11/2020 14:11:34
604 forum posts
13 photos

I do like this set and I'm guessing that this is aimed for thematic collectors and fans of the franchise. I suppose that there'll be thousands of covers made up, signed by the various actors, to be sold on to collectors.

Alas, my favourite Star Trek character, Elim Garak (played by Andrew Robertson), isn't on a stamp otherwise I may have been tempted to buy a set.

Julian28/11/2020 15:20:25
733 forum posts
310 photos

To be honest Alex I recognized only 7 Capt and I would be hard pushed to give their names. I think we tend to slate RM but I do feel sorry for them in competition stakes. When we look at the States and Canada and what they produce in Stamps as Themes, the World is your Oyster and I feel these verdicts actually do more harm than good. I just received my new bundle of joy from the States which goes to a post I made recently. Technology is the way forward and RM cannot stand still so they are trying best and as I say on the Verdicts, any Stamp which comes through the letter box and cancelled, always works for me. If I go to WH Smiths post office I always ask for them to stamp them there and then and you know they will not have scribble over them at destination. The one thing I noticed with overseas postage there is little that misses cancel marks.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Tony Lester
Purves Philatelics
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values