USA

Credo

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julian21/11/2020 17:44:46
677 forum posts
276 photos

usa credo.jpg

This caught my eye for the quote, then the error cancel. then the Stamp!

This is typical if you visit an American Stamp Forum and talk about FDC collecting and the what I find peculiar view upon Stamp collecting which I was drawn into discussion. I have talked about this before so will not bore you to tears with it.

I could easily collect these covers for the quotations alone, I have a few Religious ones I use myself!!!

The error cancel I assume happened two covers going over or under at the same time as the line of blank is dead straight and should read "First Day Of Issue" you could easily say "Cover" as the cut is straight down the O making it look like a C.

The 4c Stamp also has a Quotation on it as well. I know I will slap my face but I do not know what credo means? It has to be one of these American differences which always makes me laugh so much. This takes me back to my visit there in 2010 and in Canada I had to phone the Police about driving Laws, oh and how we laughed. I believe this cover was a Fleetwood but I could well be wrong?

I also dearly love the style of writing again there is a very long story I could share but I have told it in a post in here before this but geez knows where and far to long to repeat.

This again is why my Diana collecting got out of control as well, I seem not to be able to collect one thing at a time. I would spend $ thousands out there, and a example of this was "Buffalo" coins and Silver Dollars, how I steered around that was a God send!!

Julian

Julian28/11/2020 15:46:39
677 forum posts
276 photos

I got these this morning, another bundle of joy.usa c1.jpgI just had to get a set of these and I do not know if its colour fade, as online some sets of these seem brighter?

The gum on the back of these seem really thick, more like wallpaper paste and you cannot really count these as old. But this is what I like about the States yes the FDC makers do anything to make a fast $ but there is no Theme left unturned or up for print. This I feel makes a difference because from a FDC, it inspired me to get a set of these simply because I like them. I don't know if they use other quotes on their printed FDC's using these Stamps along side? Again the American Eagle alone make it a buy if cancelled with it or displayed in the Stamp. I understand why American enthusiasts in collecting see these as minor Stamps to collect but I enjoy them. Canada also have some cool Stamp sets I started with a set and stopped because the higher values commanded a premium price which I would never pay for them even though like them, far to rich for me.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Tony Lester
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Purves Philatelics
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values