The Grand USA

Stamp Ex London

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julian21/11/2020 17:03:46
677 forum posts
276 photos

Hi All,

My little bundle of Joy has arrived and yes even Stamps on the Envelope AND Cancelled lol lol????

So my next few posts will be USA, deep down I should have been Canadian or American! The next few post will also enlighten to how hap hazard my collecting happens.

stamp ex fdc.jpg

The Royal Festival Hall, went there on a School trip and I saw BB King there as well. Next the name of the person addressed to, I had a very good friend whose surname was the same and his Father is where I followed in Job. The two Stamps 3d also took my gaze. These Exhibitions have come across my Diana collecting as well.stamp ex makt cross.jpg

Inside the cover was this little gem which sometimes comes in collecting as I do like German Stamps and I believe the Iron Cross comes from the Maltese Cross above, I am sure Alex can provide more info if he sees this. I also like the use of the Eagle shared by Americans as well, I have no idea why I am drawn to this insignia but most certainly the German!

stamp es m x.jpg

The reverse side

syamp x info.jpg

These labels in my early collecting days came up often but the reverse of this one sums up what most people think or want to find their collection is worth and actually would have with me and me early adolescent years of collecting!

stamp ex info.jpg

STAMPS WORTH £10,000!

Oh I have to laugh because my grand parents one Christmas gave us a Ten Bob note and yes I have collected money before. People would never think to what a 10 shilling note could buy back then? I felt like a king looking in toy and sweet shops. However £10,000 would have got you a house!

Julian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Tony Lester
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Purves Philatelics
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values