By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Illegal stamps

Amazing story

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julian20/10/2020 16:15:12
677 forum posts
276 photos

As most of you know, some years ago I joined this site and soon became aware of this subject through my themed collecting Princess Diana. I became so disillusioned with it, that I got tired of pursuing my interest and along with bad Health and a number of other things which has all been aired on this web site stopped my collecting. I did start collecting a theme of Canadian Stamps but was put off of the selling price of them! I tend to collect not for value but for what I see and feel about the Theme concerned. I have a liking to the 2nd WW military Stamps of Germany or even Aircraft.

I was taken with a friend Alex in here, who used to show his old (FDC's) and would give a little history about them, which I found fascinating. There a number of Members in here who kept my interests in Stamps alive just with their knowledge and being able to help others for most of us Stamp collecting goes back to our childhoods.

Another problem arises where even storage of these many aspects of stamp collecting becomes an issue! I must have something like 50 Albums dotted around my house of many collected interests of my past and add reading material of the same is rather a problem when you live in a tiny shoe box?

I have recently made a visit to a Web Site which deals with the subject of illegal and Cinderella's Stamp categories which like Geoff;s passion of cancel marks has grown in my absence from this site. I was pleased to see even with the distaste of the "illegal / Cinderella's" he has now given a well informed history as well and to my surprise, the knowledge of even how well known stamp and FDC Companies also fell foul of this subject and in fact, again in my collecting I know I have some, I thought they were error FDC's but no they are illegal stamps passed off through legitimate sources and indeed Stamp sellers including Ebay, Amazon and the list goes on. I was so glad to have visited this guys web site because he has discussed my own feelings, when I found out about my collecting choice. I did enjoy my own discussions on this Web site as I made it into humour as well, just to save my sanity lol!!

However as I was saying, even finding out certain FDC makers also fell into this trap unknowingly made my day. One of the areas to finding these things is through the cancel marks on the covers and there is a little other tell tale signs like perforations and all this I discussed in here UNKNOWINGLY being correct. So now I have bored you all to tears and ready for bed, there is always a positive to a negative.

Maybe my next story will be about my dealings with Americans and Stamp Forums which I joined and was amazed to find a really odd opinion about FDC's which seemed wide spread?

Hagd and have fun in your collecting

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Tony Lester
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Purves Philatelics
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values