Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Brilliant Bugs

Brilliant Bugs

Issued on October 1, 2020

Julian19/10/2020 15:23:56
677 forum posts
276 photos

I could make this post much longer but I shall try to keep it short.

Overview: Thematics alone, makes this set of stamps worthy, just as any other subject, so lets start there? To give this set of stamps 1 out of 5 for commemorative worth is maybe correct on the basis of the heading but to say this is "essentially a pictorial issue" is not correct! Stamps through its History has brought many subjects to our attention and indeed repeats some subjects over and over "lest not we forget". So it could be said that repartition is "boring"!

Commemorative Worth 1 / 5: Whilst it is not strictly commemorative as in thread, the importance of the subject is very important indeed. Humans have decimated Nature in all areas including our own, to very worrying levels. The comment made shows just how Humans and IF it is just a "Pictorial Issue", you could say that about any issue of Stamps!!

Quality of Design 5 / 5: A truly beautiful set of Stamps of which colour has been used to enhance not only the insects but their habitat.

Wow Factor 5 / 5: I have to laugh at the comment, in the other Human area of life, my heart gets racing. if I get a Stamp which has been used in the first place and bring me to shout "OMG" if it has not been scribbled over, as a cancel mark! It maybe worth while if the Postal system was lobbied to stop this practice but then these little quips are just a presence of sadness which actually in the near future will not need the threads above even have any worth at all?!

I recently had my own Post returned to me can you believe, a letter to the States of which they posted to the back address to the "sender" myself. I think the fact the post had real stamps shocked the sorter to such a degree they had their own "Wow Factor" so you never know, amazingly it got to me the next day and was re posted and got to the States a week later!!!

Humans eh.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Tony Lester
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Purves Philatelics
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values