Wrong Title

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Julian16/10/2020 17:40:54
647 forum posts
262 photos

Hi All,

Been a long while doing this again?

Stamp description on Ebay: Royal Wedding 1981 Mi. Bl. 130 SS 100% MNH Princess Diana

I have emailed this Italian to explain his description when the stamp quite clearly has on the top of it:: HRH Prince William of Wales June 21st 1982.

I also questioned the -------- around the stamp which I assume is the perf around "what I believe is the stamp?".

His replied "if I do not know the stamp, then do not bid"

So I have done some searching and come up with a story The Daily Express that these are Chinese push overs, not worth the money they print on the paper lol,

What actually struck me was the lines running left to right looks more like a "silk" which was one of my questions to the seller,

I took Mi to be Michel catalogue abr and the Bl. of the same, is overprint?

I guess this persons printer is either that bad or the actual printers of the stamp I have found other similar stamps 30 value which are pretty similar.

To top it off the guy in Ebay wants £5.02 and the Express say 50p!!!!

xs-l1600.jpg

The DOTTED line is the Perf I assume

Have fun folks

Julian

Paul Davey 116/10/2020 17:50:58
457 forum posts
26 photos

Welcome back Julian

Bl is part of the Michel catalogue number = miniature sheet 130. To be fair to the vendor it does show Princess Di which is what most folk will search for! Need to see what the catalogue says. I note an internet vendor offers a set of three of these with the comment they are supposed to have a 3D effect,

Edited By Paul Davey 1 on 16/10/2020 17:53:03

Julian19/10/2020 00:24:44
647 forum posts
262 photos

HI Paul, I been off the stamp scene for a while, I have been coming in to do the competitions. The only thing I found on the Internet was a piece in the Daily Express but now you say that, it does explain why the lines are bold across the stamp. Not sure I am prepared to pay £5.02 for one though and $27.99 for 3 I don't think so but even this item is not the same but of course a 3D version would need the light angle to be right to see the dotted line around the stamp. The Daily Express stated that no one is interested in these and that they are coming from China in quantity, using the Diana selling point.!! Lol back to the same old story but they were talking about the paper versions so it would be nice to know what Michel would have as value to them. OK just found another set and they all show the dotted line, different values, really odd. I think if I was to buy these I would go to the Horses mouth and strike a deal if directly dealing with them as a seller. Only a Cinderella twit like me would fall for this but they are unique just not at those prices, I reckon its going to be a waiting game or catch a Chinese pushing them out. Glad I put the question out there though and thanks for your info my friend, hope your part of the world is Virus free and your well.

I often think of you when seeing Chinese stamps in bulk or collections "old stuff" And Alex and German stamps.

Will keep an eye open on these and see how they flood the market or not. They did with phone cards anything to make a buck and its like William and Harry stamp sheets normally carry Diana on them for the sell.

Cheers Paul and thanks again

Edited By Julian on 19/10/2020 00:27:30

Julian23/10/2020 02:35:11
647 forum posts
262 photos

It's funny because I said these Stamps would be unique and they won't because Guyana, St Vincent, Grenada did some and on further scouring on the net, its a theme all of its own! I never knew that holograms were used as extensively as I found and some guy has produced a book on the subject. So I suppose it has to be USA who were 1st to do it?

Paul Davey 123/10/2020 08:18:53
457 forum posts
26 photos

Thought Bhutan were first?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values