By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Two pence stamp

QV black Two pence stamp

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
ivan timmis06/10/2020 12:02:54
3 forum posts
2 photos

I have a QV two pence postage stamp. the stamp is perforated and as a large crown watermark, the stamp is black in colour but as a faint hint of dark blue green on the perforations if you hold it to the light ,can any one please tell me about this stamp I am a novice. thanks ps i do not know how to load an image

Fred Sellars06/10/2020 13:10:21
422 forum posts
165 photos

Dear Ivan,

It's a pity that the people who run this forum site have not given any instructions as to how to load images, as I feel this is wanting !

I gave some instructions to Gillian some weeks ago that can be found in her posting by the name of "Identifying a Stamps country of issue", but you will first have to create an album, hoping this helps.

From your description Ivan, this stamp has probably been exposed to sunlight in the past and the blue has turned to black due to ultraviolet rays from the sun, or it could have been stained with some kind of fluid.

Fred.

Paul Davey 106/10/2020 14:27:56
457 forum posts
26 photos

Welcome Ivan

Try **LINK** which tells forum members how to add an image. Scroll down the link to see the detailed instructions to create an album then link the image in the post.

It is a bit clunky, agreed and I don't know why it was originally done this way, but that's what we have got!

Any problems, update the post and I will try to help

Paul

David Meaney06/10/2020 20:05:56
1 forum posts

Hi Ivan,

On the Bill Barrell Stamps website, there's an excellent video with Bill and line engraved expert, Mike Williams, showing how to remove blackish sulphur deposits which affected some line engraved stamps prior to the introduction of the Clean Air Act. Possibly your 2d blue was an example of this but can easily be remedied.

Dave.

ivan timmis06/10/2020 23:17:14
3 forum posts
2 photos

Dear Fred . Paul and Dave

thank you for your time and help it is very much appreciated

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values