By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Old postal cover OHMS

Paymaster General cover 1860's

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Keith DUFFY07/06/2020 11:29:36
15 forum posts
19 photos

img20200607_11113741.jpgIn a mammoth sort out, I have stumbled across an old OHMS cover from The Paymaster General

I cannot identify the address completely and there are numerous amendments and additions.

The back of the envelope is covered with further scribblings and date stamps from Paris, Chambery etc.

I would imagine it to be worth something and would like to know thoughts etc

Any help would be appreciatedimg20200607_11101751.jpg

Paul Davey 107/06/2020 12:57:02
440 forum posts
26 photos

Great cover for those of us who like the challenge of such things. I would list all the datestamps in order to work out the routes etc. Whilst the "information content" is attractive it has two things going against it in value terms unfortunately. Firstly condition and secondly size. It will take a double size sheet to mount up and annotate. It may not be worth as much as you think sadly. It doesn't look like it will tidy up nicely. Unless you can identify the recipient as "famous" which could make a difference.

Paul

Geoff CHILDS07/06/2020 15:57:17
2486 forum posts
2495 photos

Lovely piece of Postal History concur with Paul's comments a great research item

Geoff (GBCC) www.gbcovercollector.co.uk

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers