12 forum posts
2 photos

Ok - some more help needed with an ID.

Can anyone help with this:

unidentified stamp 2.jpg

Paul Davey 112/07/2020 15:57:44
448 forum posts
26 photos

OK - guessing here! CALÇADO is Portuguese for shoe - so either Portugal or Brasil.

Beyond that:

I can't get a meaning for G.N.I.

Sd 2962 is also not obvious!

INDUSTRIAIS DE CALÇADO seems to be footwear industry and GRÉMIONACIONAL appears to translate as Gallery.

Entry ticket to a shoe museum in Lisbon??!!??

Evan Rees 112/07/2020 16:05:55
12 forum posts
2 photos

Thanks Paul - but I don't think that's quite up to the standard of identification you gave me on my last post. Are there any other offers?

Fred Sellars13/07/2020 12:48:07
390 forum posts
127 photos

Evan, it would appear that you are trying to bamboozle some of the helpful people on this forum by depicting a label that is certainly not a postage or revenue stamp.

As far as I am concerned Paul has given an adequate description as to the label shown.

This is obviously a non-philatelic item and of similar worth to the torn revenue stamp of Thailand previously identified by Paul.

STOP BEING SO COCKY ! Fred.

Evan Rees 113/07/2020 13:07:50
12 forum posts
2 photos

Fred, I am very sorry to have offended your sensibilities - I am new to this forum after all, and had hoped for a little latitude whilst I got into the swing of things but clearly, its sink or swim for newcomers.

I'm new to this hobby and was not intentionally trying to "bamboozle" anyone. A simple response of "its not a postal item" might have sufficed but you seemed to have felt the need to put me in my place.

This seems a strange approach to supporting new philatelists and encouraging people to use the forum - but perhaps that's not the objective. I'm just a "Cocky" newcomer - what do I know.

Clearly this is a forum for a select few who I am unworthy to join.

I shall not bother you again.

Fred Sellars13/07/2020 13:24:15
390 forum posts
127 photos

You live and learn by making mistakes Evan, but I hope this hasn't put you off from making further contributions to this forum of a more sensible and considerate nature in future.

Yours in respect, Fred.

Evan Rees 113/07/2020 13:37:30
12 forum posts
2 photos

I note the comments from Alex earlier perhaps registering similar concerns.

Look to the beam in your own eye Fred.

Paul Davey 113/07/2020 13:42:07
448 forum posts
26 photos

Labels which are not postage or revenue stamps are still collected and many have an interest for philatelists. They are called cinderellas and here is even a club for collectors of such things, be they associated with the anti-TB movement, the red cross, stamp exhibitions, hospital charities or even chocolate!

I admit to being bamboozled about things in my own collection (Chinese cinderellas anyone?) so I don't mind adding to the long list. Keep posting Evan and I can at least add what I can deduce from what's on the screen.

Happy to try to help

Fred Sellars13/07/2020 14:10:59
390 forum posts
127 photos

You shall go to the ball Paul in your new boots or shoes, but I don't think they fit Cinderella, and keep swimming Evan.

Fred.

Paul Davey 113/07/2020 14:38:53
448 forum posts
26 photos

Anyone interested, check out **LINK**

Paul

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values