By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Identifying a Stamp's Country of Issue

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Fred Sellars19/04/2020 09:42:24
399 forum posts
145 photos

Who's the jerk Alex ?

Gillian asked for help, I didn't see you step forward with any answers.

Perhaps, with YOUR attitude it's time you also left this forum likewise ..!!!

Paul Davey 119/04/2020 10:23:09
450 forum posts
26 photos

Come on gentlemen keep it civil! No need for name-calling.

Gillian Hutchinson05/05/2020 12:05:10
114 forum posts
4 photos

The photograph of the stamp in question was the right way up on my device. I don't know why it inverted when I put it in my album on this forum and I don't know why that happened twice. Stuff like that happens to me sometimes.

Happily, a missing page from my son's album turned up, which had examples of different scripts according to their countries, so now I shouldn't have any difficulty identifying what country a stamp is from.

My confusion about the name on the stamp arose from having stamps from China with the name printed on them in English. I'm not letting it bother me, I was just interested to know. I'll put them in the album page marked China.

Gillian

Fred Sellars05/05/2020 12:34:17
399 forum posts
145 photos

Good afternoon Gillian,

The reason for my comments was to point out the various things that you had inadvertently done wrong and when another member interjects, who shall remain nameless and starts to call another member a jerk for helping someone else, I feel that his comments was unhelpful and unjustifiable to say the least.

I'm glad you have resolved the problem encountered in more ways than one, answering someone else's query is not always straightforward.

Have a nice day Gillian, perhaps next time you will be more aware of what to do.

Regards, Fred.

Fred Sellars24/05/2020 10:10:55
399 forum posts
145 photos

We all learn from our mistakes Gillian, and the outlandish remark made by Alex towards me deserves an apology, with regards to his insulting behaviour, or does he think he owns this forum and can say just whatever he likes ? Fred.

Fred Sellars31/05/2020 09:01:53
399 forum posts
145 photos

Brill Gill ! I see you have now made several modifications to your original album by removing the two inverted photo's and replacing them with the one originally intended.

Presentation is one of the most important features when displaying an item to be assessed by others, you're learning !

It means that I no longer have to stand on my head to view them 🙃

Should you need to post others in future you will know what to do, it's a learning curve.

Best wishes and have a nice day, Fred.

Gillian Hutchinson31/05/2020 21:22:53
114 forum posts
4 photos

Thanks Fred. The new one was taken with my mobile phone and added from there, so I'll maybe use that from now on. I know very well the importance of good presentation so it was very annoying when the other image appeared in duplicate and inverted.

Stay safe!

Gillian

Evan Rees 111/07/2020 14:44:40
12 forum posts
2 photos

Can anyone help identify this stamp? Its got me flummoxed.

unidentified stamp.jpg

Paul Davey 111/07/2020 15:01:13
450 forum posts
26 photos

Thailand revenue stamp - simples!

Evan Rees 111/07/2020 15:10:02
12 forum posts
2 photos

Excellent - thanks Paul.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers