By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Display Album

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Kim Tomlinson16/02/2020 06:17:32
23 forum posts
2 photos

So can I assume that no-one displays their stamps but just collect them!!!

Paul Davey 116/02/2020 12:54:22
457 forum posts
26 photos

Hi Kim

I have displayed parts of my collections in the past. Next will be a single frame at the RPSL during the "overseas members" display during London 2020 in May.

Displays which are written up specially, for such events as this or for competitions are written up on the computer and printed on reasonably thick card to stop them bending. Larger displays for clubs evenings etc are often taken straight from the albums so are hand written. Not as neat and the style has changed over the decades but relatively simple! I use white album pages in general but pale cream for one aspect, pale blue for others. The newly acquired items and "bulk" holdings of stamps are in stockbooks awaiting further study, Covers are mounted up, but not written up when I get them. I have years of work to write it all up!

Sometimes I get the bug and decide to deal with one subject in a blitz. So for example an album of British late fee covers put together over 40 years took a week to write up. You can then get all the books and articles on the dining table a do it.

Ultimately though it is your choice. Worth joining a local club and seeing how others display their collections and maybe enter a competition and get some feedback from the judges.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values