By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

New to collecting

Looking for an album

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul bradbury09/01/2020 16:13:52
1 forum posts

Hi all I am new here and also new to stamp collecting, I have decided to collect Canadian stamps.

2 questions please

can you advise a good album to purchase to start my collection and also any good websites or shops where I can purchase Canadian stamps

many thanks in advance

Brian Parker 213/01/2020 12:23:32
3 forum posts

Hi Paul,

Personally I would avoid the traditional fixed page type album until you gain experience in what you are collecting and how you prefer to present it. One country albums for example are very expensive. You may wish to invest in one eventually but in the meantime that money would buy a lot of stamps to get you started. Have a look at loose leaf stock albums. You can arrange/rearrange your stamps as often as you like makespace for new acquisitions move pages around etc.

If you are interested in Canada generally rather than just one monarch say, and are starting from scratch, have a look for one country mixed packs where you can get hundreds of stamps inexpensively. Any of the advertisers in Stamp would be a good place to start, or do a Google!

Good luck.

Brian Parker 213/01/2020 19:18:01
3 forum posts

Paul,

In case you haven't come across it yet I highly recommend the Exploring Stamps videos on Youtube.

Brian

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Glasgow Stamp Shop
SANDAFAYRE
Purves Philatelics
varisell stamps
Tony Lester
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers