How times have changed !

collecting G.B. stamps .

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul Davey 114/04/2021 09:40:52
506 forum posts
26 photos

Fred

I mean that if you are charged postage due because the stamps were affixed by tape then it is a worthwhile addition to the postage due mail collection. A colleague was charged £2 for an envelope with an old "1st class" Machin inscribed by the postman "forged stamp". It wasn't a forgery, just not the current colour. He could have taken up the case with Revenue Protection but it is now in my due collection!

Paul

Fred Sellars14/04/2021 11:28:39
598 forum posts
264 photos

Thanks for your additional explanation regarding the postage due aspect Paul, it's just that your previous reply was a bit vague to understand : definitely a keeper in combination with the PD !

Fred.

Gillian Hutchinson19/04/2021 23:28:58
130 forum posts
4 photos

Fred, I don't really fancy trying to use petroleum spirit to remove sellotape or adhesive from stamps. Thankfully there haven't been too many sellotaped stamps coming through our letterbox. I probably threw them out as I don't have a pile or album dedicated to postage due envelopes. Anyway, the ones that come here are mostly from countries outside of the UK.

Gillian

Fred Sellars20/04/2021 08:55:55
598 forum posts
264 photos

Good morning Gillian, Paul was just giving a reason as to why the sellotaped stamp could be part of a collection, but in his particular case it was a case of mistaken identity with the colour of a stamp used .

As previously stated I normally bin sellotaped stamps, but sellotape is removable from stamps with a little effort and know-how. You could classify it as restoration !

Fred.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Auctioneers Feltzmann
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Glasgow Stamp Shop
SANDAFAYRE
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics