By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Stamp Albums

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Neil Rolfe18/08/2019 12:09:38
2 forum posts

Hi,

As a child I began collecting stamps and one Christmas was given a stamp album which had loose pages in order that you could add to them as your collection grew. This album has stayed with me and as I am now retired I have decided to embark on this fascinating hobby again

My question is, having looked at the various types of stamp albums on the market, I have decided to go for the four ringed folder with the black background whereby you simply slide the stamp behind a strip of cellophane. However, I like the old fashioned pages that have the name of the country at the top.

Is there anywhere I can obtain these newer style four ring pages with with the name of different countries at the top?

Regards

Neil

Alex19/08/2019 18:44:34
583 forum posts
13 photos

Hi Neil

I haven't come across the black pages with country headings on them though several companies make similar pages in white with the country name at the top. There are some companies, however, that produce decals of country names which you can stick to the top of the pages. I have used these in the past but be warned that the adhesive tends to loosen over the years and may fall off eventually. Have a look at the stock being sold by the likes of Prinz and Lighthouse.

Maybe some other members here can help?

Neil Rolfe19/08/2019 22:17:41
2 forum posts

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your reply. There certainly is a huge amount of choice out there. Maybe I am just ‘Old School’

but I do like those old fashioned albums but since I do not want to go down the road of hinges I am going to bite the bullet and go for the modern approach.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

Neil

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
Purves Philatelics
varisell stamps
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers