By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Who enters the competitions?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Neil Barrett 305/08/2019 11:47:42
17 forum posts

As well as browsing the articles (and the fascinating forums) I also enter the competitions. I may even have won one in the past. Do any of you enter regularly?

But a thought has struck me... the presentation packs on offer are from a few months back. So presumably those who collect modern GB will have either ordered or bought it anyway. Does that mean fewer entries or would you enter anyway and have a duplicate (or extra postage?)

And why is it 2 to 3 months after issue? Other magazines/websites (dare I mention AllABoutStamps) offer the current issue straightaway.

Alex06/08/2019 06:46:11
583 forum posts
13 photos

I do occasionally enter the competitions, though less so these days as before.

I have won quite a few presentation packs over the years and also a nice hobbyist LED 'daylight' lamp.

I don't collect modern British and as I am never really aware (unless I actually look it up) what the current commemorate sets are it never bothered me whether the packs were current or not. All the packs reside in a box, along with other bits and pieces, taking up space. I have really stopped doing competitions where packs are the prize as, frankly, I never look at them.

I just enter those competitions now where the prize is of interest to me.

Carmen06/08/2019 13:27:04
650 forum posts
61 photos

Sorry kids, I'm in Canada, I can't. sad

Of course, in this day and age, I could just identify as being "in the UK"? wink

Paul Thompson 807/08/2019 17:05:45
1 forum posts

I do enter the competitions when i remember to come in and look. Won 2 presentations packs so far. I always like to do competitions as well as my stamps.

Julian13/08/2019 00:48:00
635 forum posts
261 photos

I do and have won quite a few about 5 to date and I always made a post of mine but not been in here as much as I would like, so my loss.

Neil Barrett 304/09/2019 15:59:00
17 forum posts

A little update... I've just found out that the Da Vinci set (issued by the PO in Feb) and featured in April's competition was won by someone I'd pointed in this direction - arriving in August.

Richard Hudson 310/09/2019 15:26:13
2 forum posts

I have won 4 Presentation Packs in the past, though not since E-Mail entries only?! I enter most months and occasionally send in a postcard for the 'Spot the Stamp' Competition.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Tony Lester
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers