By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Wilding m/c stamps

Leaving forum

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Fred Sellars08/07/2019 22:55:49
221 forum posts
76 photos

In view of harassment and vindictiveness of a certain individual I have decided to leave the forum.

The fact is that the reversed ribbing does exist even though the watermark looks the same, along with the latter cream papers and fibrillous ones discovered nicknamed "FIB'S"

I only hope that others have benefited from my findings and are now aware of their existence.

It's a thankless task and not worth the aggro.

So goodbye and thank you Fred.

Fred Sellars10/07/2019 13:59:52
221 forum posts
76 photos

At the end of the day one must ask.

Is the 45° single wire that is showing in the paper a watermark.

Fred Sellars13/07/2019 14:43:45
221 forum posts
76 photos

In my attempt to gain information sometimes one has to be confrontational if they answer is not readily forthcoming.

It would appear that I have been successful in accomplishing this by being so.

It got an answer for Trevor after nearly 3 years of waiting and got me an answer with the reversed ribbing and watermark theory, it certainly brought people with knowledge out of the woodwork, as it did Ian, by giving me the information that he did enabled me to resolve a solution.

If you would like me to return, I will do so, rather than a moderator I class myself more as an instigator.

There are a lot of unsolved or undiscovered things in the philatelic world, did anyone know that some wildings had been printed on reversed laid paper before, I very much doubt it..

I can only hope that I have clarified my previous actions as agro is not my forte

Thank you, Fred.

Fred Sellars13/07/2019 15:15:30
221 forum posts
76 photos

As a token of Goodwill I will show you a very little known about subject, therefore to make you aware of them I give you a picture of fibrillous papers, I have nicknamed them "FIB'S".

They appear to be like galaxies in the universe.img_20190712_192433.jpg

Edited By Fred Sellars on 13/07/2019 15:38:44

Fred Sellars14/07/2019 17:37:16
221 forum posts
76 photos

As part of a trilogy,the reversed ribbing in the laid paper can be viewed in the Bookmark journal to be published in the August edition by the British Modern Philatelic Circle.

Followed by the second two parts relating to cream and whiter type papers and fibrillous ones in the October issue.

Thank you, Fred.

Julian14/07/2019 22:31:05
635 forum posts
261 photos

Geez, I missed WW3,

sad Ut oh , Fred do you proof read your comments? It's not a competition about who knows what or the most in here and whilst I agree someone like me who knows little, maybe irritating to you when making comments, as you seem to be more like Paul in knowledge and his vast library of information, you maybe better in taking a lead just to be a bit more kinder in your estimations of others comments. I am sure no one wants you to leave and I cannot see anyone from when I was here, being vindictive or harassing but as I say I have not been in here for some years so time will tell.

Fred Sellars14/07/2019 22:47:28
221 forum posts
76 photos

Julian please don't take this to heart, the reason for my attitude was to bring out of the woodwork someone who knew about the perf 16s to enable them to be plated, this was accomplished albeit nearly 3 years later.

I only hope that Trevor appreciates what I have achieved for him, that's all.

Have a nice day, Fred.

Edited By Fred Sellars on 14/07/2019 22:53:56

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
Purves Philatelics
varisell stamps
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers