By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Meet the "FIB'S"

The fibrillous papers of the Wilding's

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Fred Sellars03/11/2019 13:22:17
224 forum posts
76 photos

By pointing out the variances in the structure of papers, I have tried to be as informative as possible in the hope that other collectors of multiple crown Wilding definitives can obtain further knowledge on the subject, and not to degrade previous ideas otherwise thought .

This type of paper ( as far as I am aware ) has only been noticed on a few of the printings of the multiple crown Wilding definitives and not listed in any catalogue to my knowledge .

Fred Sellars06/12/2019 16:17:55
224 forum posts
76 photos

It would appear that the fibrillous papers were actually observed as far back as 1979, as they are mentioned in a statement by Aubrey Walker ( a post office chemist ) in an article in the November Philatelic Bulletin of that year as accidental fluorescent flecks or fibres randomly distributed used during the Wilding series .

They have never been recognised as different by the philatelic fraternity . If something is different (flecks), then it is a variety, whether it be in the printing,watermark or in this case the type of paper .

Although Mr Chris Harman of the the RPSL did comment,that these "varieties" had been seen before , when I sent him a scan depicting them last year .

So why is there no reference to them in any of the catalogues if they were classified as accidental ?

Edited By Fred Sellars on 06/12/2019 16:20:10

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Guernsey post November
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers