By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Plea for Advice

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Euan McLeod26/05/2019 12:09:36
1 forum posts

I have been asked by my aunt to sell my uncle's stamp collection to fund his care costs. I have six boxes of albums that appear to range from a penny black and penny red to recent collections. The stamps are from all over the world. I am afraid that I don't know where to start.- do I just go to a reputable stamp shop for a value; go to auction or try to sell individually e.g. on e-bay?

Am based in Edinburgh & would very much welcome any guidance. Am seeking a fair price and to avoid doing anything daft so that I can secure the best price for my aunt.

Euan

Alex27/05/2019 07:44:07
582 forum posts
12 photos

Visit the Robert Murray Stamp Shop on Inverleith Gardens for advice. Good shop, went there when I was at college in Edinburgh. They should be able to advise you on the collection's value and how to sell it on.

Carmen27/05/2019 12:46:11
650 forum posts
61 photos

Hey Euan, I agree with Alex. Don't try to sell it yourself - get it to professionals who will be able to do all the heavy lifting which will be more beneficial for your uncle in the long run, than all the time and delay you'd need to take on E-Bay and all that.

Geoff CHILDS27/05/2019 20:05:54
2147 forum posts
2154 photos

Euan, as per earlier comments go to a reputable stamp dealer who will advise.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Purves Philatelics
varisell stamps
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers