Serbia

Serbia imperf

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Trevor Bishop 120/12/2018 18:24:09
174 forum posts
57 photos

Hi ,

I’m just putting in a few Serbia stamps ( my philosophy is if I have enough stamps of a country I’ll make some pages up ) and I came across this imperf stamp . In SG I can’t find mention of one , can anyone tell about it ? Perhaps of stationery ?

Thanks

Trev

b02ea13e-4506-49b1-ba34-ca6b9d697d55.jpeg

Alex20/12/2018 18:42:26
572 forum posts
11 photos

Yeah, looks like it was cut out from an 1911 postal stationery card.

To be fair, SG only provide the basic information which is why I use Michel most of the time.

Trevor Bishop 120/12/2018 19:48:10
174 forum posts
57 photos

Hi Alex.

Thanks , the “ stamp” is printed on paper rather than a card type but I guess perhaps there may have been a stationery envelope ?

I presuming that Michel are mostly in German for most of the countries they cover ?

I read somewhere that they do a good section of GB stationery - have you seen it ?

If they weren’t so expensive I might give them a try . I did enquire from a Michel distributor but they didn’t have much knowledge of all the catalogues so couldn’t answer questions as to what level of detail they hold .

Thanks again

Trev

Alex21/12/2018 11:55:21
572 forum posts
11 photos

If the stamp is printed on paper it could be from the 1911 - 1914 (or there about) color trails. I have seen these imperforated stamps before which came from unissued stock. Maybe somebody here, who collects Serbia, can advise you further. I'd bet the info would be in a Michel!

As to the Michel catalogues, they are in German (except a couple of countries, including the two volume Germany Special catalogues - which I haven't seen as I can read German). The Michel catalogue for the UK is pretty good and has a lot of detail, more I'd guess than the SG GB special. Michel does provide English translation sheets with their catalogues which helps those with no / limited German and the information is easily obtained once you get to know the Michel abbreviations and such. I no longer use SG as their standard catalogues are basically the same as the Michel youth / children's catalogues, ie very basic information.

Is it suitable for you? Only way to find out, I suppose, is to get one. Maybe an older copy (late 1990s - 2010s) from the likes of ebay just to get the feel of one.

Carmen21/12/2018 12:15:58
594 forum posts
59 photos

Nice, crisp-looking stamp for its age!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Glasgow Stamp Shop
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values