By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Elsa Catelin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Terry Davies13/12/2018 21:20:33
5 forum posts

I am collecting stamps engraved by Elsa Catelin but am very new to this. I design my own album pages and I wondered if anybody knows what font she uses for her name on her stamps. The reason I ask is that I would like to use her font for the pages. I have trawled the interwebbly but cannot find a match. Also, does anybody know of any sites that list her complete output. I have http://www.phil-ouest.com and https://stampengravers.blogspot.com/2013/08/catelin-elsa.html but neither are complete. This is my first real post so please let me know if this type of request is appropriate. Many thanks, Terry

Carmen14/12/2018 12:29:08
598 forum posts
59 photos

Completely appropriate, Terry, even if I have no clue what the answer is! wink

Alex14/12/2018 19:18:05
575 forum posts
12 photos

You could try this site. It is en français.

**LINK**

She is also on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/graveurdessinateur/

Edited By Alex on 14/12/2018 19:27:41

Terry Davies14/12/2018 20:31:39
5 forum posts

Many thanks Alex. One of the reasons why I returned to collecting was to try to give my ancient brain more of a workout and the detective work in tracking down items should help supposedly. I went back to Elsa Catelin web site and there before me was a tab "liste des oeuvres". I am obviously going to have to try a lot harder but its fun! Thanks again.

Carmen18/12/2018 12:40:21
598 forum posts
59 photos

That's one of the reasons I enjoy stamp collecting so much as well, Terry - the whole "put-your-Sherlock-Hat-on-and-figure-out-what-this-is" mystery and the great feeling you get when you solve it.

And of course, getting a stamp that you think may have some value to it and the great feeling while you go look up your catalogue to see if it's so (and of course the Crashing Darkness when it never is, LOL!)

David Roseveare18/12/2018 17:09:54
29 forum posts
14 photos

Hello Terry,

Your best site is www.elsacatelin.fr/news and click the "liste des oeuvres" at the top. All will be revealed.

I know the lady very well.

Terry Davies18/12/2018 17:28:09
5 forum posts

Thanks for advice and links - thank goodness for Google translate. Trouble is I don't know whether Google tells me the truth!

Carmen19/12/2018 12:51:11
598 forum posts
59 photos

I'm french, Terry... ask any questions! But I suspect Google will get it mostly right... I must say I'm impressed with the quality of Google Translate.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
SANDAFAYRE
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Purves Philatelics
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values