By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Spur-of-the-moment question/used to collect/have found nice looking stamps!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Mr Yates10/11/2018 14:20:09
1 forum posts

Hi, I hope it is in order for a newbie to post a question.

I collected, perhaps just sometimes slightly unenthusiastically, stamps, when I was little. I recently found my book and some bits'n'bobs, with some old inherited stamps also, and it seems a shame to chuck them out them, so what to do to rationalise things? There's a book with some stamps in it, some of which I remember after all these many, many years (!), and some just in containers, loose, some stuck to envelopes, some not.

I've also been reminded of collecting, as while having a clearout, I've come upon a small flat box, probably used to send abook in, with a block of 10 "Through the Looking Glass" 63p stamps on from 1998, and a pair of "Lion, Witch and Wardrobe" 26p ones also, and "ordinary" 1p and 2p stamps, which look quite attractive. How can I best keep them? I can't put the box in my book!

Geoff CHILDS12/11/2018 17:54:04
1890 forum posts
1891 photos

Mr Yates,

I would just keep them as they are and look at them now and again to bring back the memories of all those years ago.

Can you put the book in the box?

Geoff (GBCC) www.gbcovercollector.co.uk

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Tony Lester
Glasgow Stamp Shop
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers