By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Off to my VERY FIRST Stamp Show...

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Carmen20/10/2018 14:02:35
577 forum posts
58 photos
... right here in Kingston, Ontario! Will report back later!

Woohoo! 👍
Geoff CHILDS21/10/2018 08:25:48
1860 forum posts
1859 photos

Enjoy

Geoff

Carmen25/10/2018 12:12:48
577 forum posts
58 photos

Indeed I did, Geoff... It was a blast!

First they had a stamp show souvenir envelope at the entrance for $2... of course I had to buy one of those... and there were 8 dealers there, and the club had a consignment display ("don't go there if you're trying not to spend money", says the guy at the entrance. So of course, that's the first thing we did! wink)

Got some good loot for my trouble:

- a beautiful 1979 Sir Rowland Hill commemorative album (100 years since his death) including related stamps from GB, Ireland, and the New Hebrides (French and English) for $10

- the 1989 French Declaration of the Rights of Man S/S with a complimentary sponsorship ticket for PhilexFrance '89

- Some Tongan banana and coconut stamps, which I've always wanted to get

- some Tongan commemorative Tin Can Mail stamps I got to tell my friend all about Tin Can Mail, which she had never heard of)

- some Tongan World Cup '82 stamps

- a US sheet showing the various US Postal Service functions (sorting, delivery etc.)

All in all a good haul for less than fifty bucks. Unfortunately I could only be there for a couple of hours so I have promised myself to stay longer next year...

And of course there were several frames around, including a cute one by a six year old girl showing us her favourite stamps, and one by someone who has collected mail addressed to famous people.

Woohoo... that was FUN! My friend who also collects and had never been either also had a great time and brought home some loot to play with.

And then we found out, the club puts on a Spring show too... wheeeeeeeeee! yeslaugh

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Tony Lester
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
varisell stamps
Glasgow Stamp Shop
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers