577 forum posts
|... right here in Kingston, Ontario! Will report back later!|
|Geoff CHILDS||21/10/2018 08:25:48|
|1860 forum posts|
577 forum posts
Indeed I did, Geoff... It was a blast!
First they had a stamp show souvenir envelope at the entrance for $2... of course I had to buy one of those... and there were 8 dealers there, and the club had a consignment display ("don't go there if you're trying not to spend money", says the guy at the entrance. So of course, that's the first thing we did! )
Got some good loot for my trouble:
- a beautiful 1979 Sir Rowland Hill commemorative album (100 years since his death) including related stamps from GB, Ireland, and the New Hebrides (French and English) for $10
- the 1989 French Declaration of the Rights of Man S/S with a complimentary sponsorship ticket for PhilexFrance '89
- Some Tongan banana and coconut stamps, which I've always wanted to get
- some Tongan commemorative Tin Can Mail stamps I got to tell my friend all about Tin Can Mail, which she had never heard of)
- some Tongan World Cup '82 stamps
- a US sheet showing the various US Postal Service functions (sorting, delivery etc.)
All in all a good haul for less than fifty bucks. Unfortunately I could only be there for a couple of hours so I have promised myself to stay longer next year...
And of course there were several frames around, including a cute one by a six year old girl showing us her favourite stamps, and one by someone who has collected mail addressed to famous people.
Woohoo... that was FUN! My friend who also collects and had never been either also had a great time and brought home some loot to play with.
And then we found out, the club puts on a Spring show too... wheeeeeeeeee!
Please login to post a reply.
Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!