By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Help and Advice

Is it safe to buy there?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Howard Howard12/08/2018 21:07:31
19 forum posts

Hello. Just found a new place to buy British Colonies' stamps **LINK**. The prices are pretty good. I need your advice and feedback. Has anyone bought there any stamps? Is it safe to buy there? Thank you in advance.

Howard

Howard Howard13/08/2018 12:10:12
19 forum posts

Also, I need help concerning these two lots. The prices are so low and the quality of these stamps is pretty good. Should I buy them? Please advice. Thank you.

https://oldlouis.com/lot/213864

https://oldlouis.com/lot/213861

Paul Davey 113/08/2018 23:18:17
392 forum posts
26 photos

I have not dealt with them before. Indeed I have not heard of them before. Caveat emptor applies here. It seems mostly Russian material and I cannot see auction results before the beginning of the month to get a feel for their realisations. Maybe try a couple at low bids you can afford to loose and test it out.

You do realise that by posting it here you have pointed out the site to all the other readers?! Maybe fewer bargains to be had!

Edited By Paul Davey 1 on 13/08/2018 23:19:01

Billy Broadland14/08/2018 19:07:32
140 forum posts
40 photos

I agree with Paul on this one, treat with care. They seem to come from the Ukraine.

Not anyone I have heard of before.

On the website it is difficult to get any real contact details.

I would put in a couple of low bids and see what happens.

If you do go ahead please let us have some feedback. Could be an interesting new site.

Howard Howard16/08/2018 21:07:35
19 forum posts

Thank you for your replies. I probably will put some bids for the lots not more than $10. As well, I will provide my feedback at the end of September (I hope). .

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
varisell stamps
Purves Philatelics
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers