By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Pierron online catalogue offline ?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
malcolm poole15/07/2018 16:35:21
3 forum posts

I have been trying to view Pierron's online catalogue ( I have a subscription to it ) it seems to be offline, can anyone help with any info about this site,

M William Wilson15/08/2018 08:31:28
1 forum posts

Hi, I have the same problem and have also just renewed my subscription.

malcolm poole15/08/2018 13:26:32
3 forum posts

Hi

Can,t find any info on this problem, no emails from them telling me what the problem is, very worrying when we have paid for the site. I have been told Pierron himself has retired, so I don't know who is now running the site, the worry is of course that the site has closed down for good. If it has its a shame such a valuable resource is no longer reachable.

I do have a floppy back paper copy of the catalogue from 2003, which is now trading at around £200. and a PDF copy of GB and Commonwealth from 2007 , but the whole point of a online resource is to make is as accessible and as up to date possible, and I would have thought that there would be enough people willing to subscribe to make the site pay its way..

Malcolm

malcolm poole18/08/2018 17:05:44
3 forum posts

Interesting news after doing a bit of investigating I found this info for you all ..

The hosting company for the Pierron online cat seems to have gone out of business, the web address www.errors.info redirects to a stamp dealer in the UK https://www.zeboose.com/

the site states

ZEBOOSE.COM was established in 2012 by Richard Monteiro who spent the 1990s publishing video games, internet and consumer technology magazines, and the 'noughties' researching and writing about various philatelic topics for GSM, Stamp Magazine and other publications. Under the pseudonym Tom Pierron, he published Pierron's Modern Great Britain Errors & Varieties in 2005 and Pierron's Modern Great Britain & Commonwealth Missing Colour Errors in 2007.

During a telephone conversation with company I was told that " Its uncertain if any data can be retrieved and the site back online but they are trying" in the meantime it might be possible that a refund on subscriptions could be arranged . Subscribers are asked to contact Zeboose.com at info@zeboose.com with your subscription details

I hope this helps everyone

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
varisell stamps
Tony Lester
Glasgow Stamp Shop
SANDAFAYRE
Purves Philatelics
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers