By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

England World Cup Stamps?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Collectra07/07/2018 17:28:59
20 forum posts

Are there any rumors of special surprise stamps to be issued in the event England wins the Cup? If so I hope to see something better than the 1966 overprint.

OK I've jinxed things now..

Carmen10/07/2018 11:59:07
580 forum posts
58 photos

Well, let's start by having England beat Croatia tomorrow. laugh That would be great though.

But in any event, whether there's a stamp or not, how about an RM cancellation - "England 2018 - I say, chaps, we done good this time!" wink

Of course if we do win, a stamp along with the cancellation "England 2018 - It Came Home" and a graphic of the trophy?

Of course, knowing RM's penchant for appealing to collectors today, I would imagine a World-Cup-Winning issue with individual pics of every player, the manager, the trainers and equipment people, the coach/planes they all travelled around in, and the hotels where they stayed... but hey, I'm not cynical! cool

Edited By Carmen on 10/07/2018 12:06:22

Carmen12/07/2018 12:29:52
580 forum posts
58 photos

Well, a heartbreak yesterday but I must add to the universal praise that England have received - they done good, for a team we had no expectations about! Hopefully they can beat Belgium and finish in third place. Well done, lads!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Tony Lester
Glasgow Stamp Shop
varisell stamps
SANDAFAYRE
Purves Philatelics
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers