By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Stamp Valuation Please?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Nakita Cutler17/06/2018 12:57:25
3 forum posts
1 photos

Afternoon!

I was hoping someone could help me out with valuing a stamp I have as I cannot find the imperforated version anywhere!

I believe it’s Stanley gibbons catalogue number 49, I think it’s plate number 6 and it’s the inperferated version.

I’ve attached a photo (sorry just taken with my phone as no scanner at home)

Thank you!3e798ad2-473e-49d0-be2a-c22872029fdc.jpeg

Nakita Cutler17/06/2018 13:16:13
3 forum posts
1 photos

I’m also struggling to find the purple/lilac half penny in the background if anyone knows what that one is too please?

Paul Davey 117/06/2018 17:44:12
380 forum posts
26 photos

Welcome Nakita

This stamp was often badly centred. I am not convinced you would get e certificate to confirm it is truly imperf. A scan of the stamp at 600dpi would help!

The lilac stamp is a cut-out from a postal stationery card. May have a little more value than the average cut-out as it is, assuming my eyes are working, 4 Oct 1870, a very early use.

Paul

Nakita Cutler17/06/2018 18:13:50
3 forum posts
1 photos

Hi Paul,

Thank you for that. It was the bottom edge which made me think this one was an imperf. I have 2 others with the perferations and they seem to be a little higher than the cut line on that one.

Also thank you for the info on the lilac one! The date is 6th October 1870 and a Leicester postmark.

I have hundreds to go through and start to sell. It's been 15 years since I last looked at them so think it's time for them to go somewhere they will be appreciated!

Nakita

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Purves Philatelics
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
Glasgow Stamp Shop
varisell stamps
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers