By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

How do you mount large blocks?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Alistair Garner15/05/2018 23:01:52
24 forum posts
33 photos

I've finally decided to make some of my collection presentable and get them out of stock books and into albums.

Smaller single stamps, blocks and strips are easy enough to mount and display in Hawid or Showgards, but I have some large blocks of definitives, quite literally 1/4 sheets, or 10 stamps deep by 6 across, plus the margin and I have no idea how to protect and present them. They are all U/M so hinges are out of the question and I can't find mounts large enough.

What's the best way to do this? Or how would you do it? Any suggestions welcomed!

Thanks in advance,

Alistair

Paul Davey 115/05/2018 23:43:45
385 forum posts
26 photos

Alistair,

I mount sheets of 200 stamps on pages up to A1. The extra large Transparol (Herma) corners which I use to mount covers work equally well for sheets, just cut the corners off to reduce the risk of bending a corner. Artists shops sell portfolios and plastic covers to make storage simple, though not massively cheap!. When I want a printed heading or details I do it on ordinary paper and stick it in place. Arrows to point out specific varieties in the middle of a block can be stuck to the plastic cover.

Always interested to learn others techniques!

Alistair Garner16/05/2018 16:26:11
24 forum posts
33 photos

Hi Paul, I've found and ordered a pack of 100 XXL Transparol Corners for £7.59 inc postage. I'll let you know how I get on, thanks for the suggestion.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Support Our Partners
Guernsey post November
Nordfrim April
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Glasgow Stamp Shop
varisell stamps
Tony Lester
Purves Philatelics
SANDAFAYRE
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers