By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Smilers

The Sun 40th Anniversary Smilers

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
James Bobbett 711/04/2018 22:33:29
1 forum posts

I have looked for a Smiler edition to celebrate The Sun Newspaper 40th Anniversary 2009 which I believe was a limited edition of only 100.

I did see one set go on ebay for £370 beginning of April 2018 so I guess they do appear but not that often.

Are they a good investment even at that price?

Trevor Bishop 112/04/2018 11:09:46
158 forum posts
52 photos

Hi ,

In my opinion for what it's worth I'd say there are NO modern GB stamps are worth investing in ( perhaps imperf stamp pairs) , bearing in mind the CV's are are not really what there value is. And then you have to sell them to someone in the future who still collects stamps .

Smiler collectors are limited in numbers I would say & even the very first Smiler sheets cv£400 + have sold for under £40 . I would say buy what you collect & if you want to chance your arm at investment I would probably go for scarce QV or HV or errors .

I have bought stamps much cheaper at auction in bulk and made a few pounds maybe £20-100 over time but not really what I would call enough to supplement my pension .

Some of the big eBay sellers I'm sure make bigger money if you've got the time .

But that's only my thoughts .

Good luck finding one cheap

Trev

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Stamp Magazine? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Stamp Magazine!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Philately? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Universal Philatelic Auctions
Nordfrim April
Guernsey post November
Purves Philatelics
varisell stamps
Glasgow Stamp Shop
Tony Lester
SANDAFAYRE
British Stamp Market Values & British Coins Market Values

Subscription Offers